BPPV and numbness

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have BPPV and had the Epley done last Thursday.  Im still light headed and dizzy but a bit better.  I am having a heaviness felling, watery eye and tingly numbness on that right sie that is affected.  I also have anxiety.  does anyone else have these symptoms with BPPV.  My head also feels heavy when I stand.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Facial sensory symptoms do not usually accompany BPPV.  Was this present before your episodes of position dependent vertigo?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

I have weird symptoms too with my BPPV episodes. I believe (and I'm not a doctor) that your symptoms now are probably due to the  anxiety.  This is a very upsetting thing to have to go through.

• Posted

Yeah it is really horrible. Dizziness is as bad as nausea and so hard to conttol when anxiety induced
    • Posted

I get very anxious too when I am havig a BPPV edpisode. I get all kind of weird sensations.  I find a glass of wine helps relax me a  bit.
  • Posted

Hi Daria, I don't have BPPV, I'm currently suffering either Labyrinthitis or Vestibular Neuritis which is a more severe version of BPPV, currently in my 2nd month of all of this. 

You say you had the epley procedure done, did you experience vertigo during the process? Most people with BPPV usually feel almost 100% after getting it done, whereas you're still feeling symptoms still now. 

Are you dizzy 24/7 constantly? Or more as to when you move your head in certain directions or the like? If so, then you're more inclined to have BPPV and it might be reacurring. 

Have you actually been diagnosed with BPPV? Or just suspected? Because if your symptoms are constant 24/7 then you might Labs like me. You need to see your GP and check to see whether you have an infection in your ear(s) and really structure out all your symptoms so you can get a referral to an ENT or Neurologist for better checking. 

I experience constant 24/7 dizziness as well as visual disturbances like things moving in my vision, spaced out feeling in my head. If you have any of those than it's propably more than just BPPV. 

I also have anxiety which has come with having my illness, I've never experienced anxiety before all of this, and I certainly have a lot of sympathy for you there because it's so horrendous. Especially if your dizziness and symptoms are constant and never stop like me. 

How long in general have you been experiencing all of this? Have you even seen a GP about all of this? 

I also experienced tingling feelings in my feet in my first month, but not my near my head that has seen stopped now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.