Bradycardia?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have been checking my pulse rate and has been indicating that this is under

60 beats per minute. I have high blood pressure and have prematurely aged

Due to chronic stress factors

Wondering if this is indicating that my heart isn't pumping blood around my

Body properly? That there might be something wrong with my heart's electrical

System. Symptoms I have are:-feeling light headed, shortness of breath,

Sharp twinge in my chest area, difficulty concentrating, feeling exhausted, weak.

Do these symptoms suggest something seriously wrong internally?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lydia I have had all of your symptoms for the past 7 years and after various tests my doctor has said it is due to stress and my body is confusing the stress signals as pain ect I'm not convinced.as for your low heart rate it is probably worth getting it checked out I also have high blood pressure for wich I have 2 kinds of blood pressure medication plus beta blockers wich can make your heart rate lower. My best advice is don't get yourself worked up about your low heat rate it's probably nothing but get your self checked just to put your mind at rest

• Posted

Sounds like good advice, wayne79562. Am seeing the doctor next week so can mention this then. Yes, definitely stress is a major factor. Getting a handle on that IS the key. Thanks for those words of advice..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.