Brain-Eating Amoeba?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay, so let me get this outta the way - I AM a hypochondriac, lol. Unfortunately.

On Sunday morning, I swam in my pool and got water up my nose. (It's a chlorinated pool, don't exactly know the Ph level though.)

And my first thought was the fear of that brain-eating amoeba.

And ever since then - I've been getting headaches. And they've been feeling worse and worse with each day.

I've been having a low grade fever that comes and goes too.

Today was the absolute worse though - I was grogg and the inside of my head felt like it was on fire.

I haven't been vomiting, however.

(I believe that was a symptom.)

Anyways - I just need some help and comfort, yeah?I'll be making a visit to the doctor tomorrow, but I just need people's input on my current troubles.

Is it the amoeba?

A virus?

Or just me?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi FuzzyApples, it's definitely just you and your anxiety playing it's usual tricks on you. There isn't a brain eating amoeba.

Headaches and fever type symptoms are classic anxiety symptoms, your GP may be able to reassure you more than me but I'm confident it's just anxiety.

• Posted

Ah, yes. You're correct - as confirmed by my GP!

Although - I do get a low grade fever around the same time (around 4 in the afternoon) until it then disappears around 9. The same time as the past few days!)

Does that mean anything?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.