Brain fog

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just found out about Brain fog, this was something i worried about. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Valerie. Brain fog is awfully hard to deal with. Make sure that you get plenty

of sleep, including a nap. It really helps. My rheumatologist put me on muscle

relaxers to sleep better at night. Feel better.

• Posted

Brain fog can go from annoying to scary depending on how bad it is. I have found that my phone is my best friend during these times. I put everything on my calendar and then set alarms to remind me of everything that I have going on that day. I also make lists in memo and record important information (like when I go to the doctor and need to fully understand something). And I don't know what I would do without my GPS. There are days I would drive past my own house and forget where I was going or what I was doing but GPS got me there.

Like Kathy said, the best thing is sleep but there are some tricks like I mentioned to help you manage through the day.

• Posted

Wow kiki, we live the same life. I have the same problems and

handle it the same way. Calendar alarms, Google maps, etc. I

thought that I was dealing with early onset dementia or

alheimers, but my doc says no. I've left home for a doctors

appointment and gone grocery shopping instead. Them missed

appointment fees are high these days. Definitely good tips.

• Posted

Yes i was missing Doctors appointments, then panic, not knowing why. I hate to let anyone down, & when i was to pick up a friend once i was so upset that i forgot. Thank you for some good ideas, that I will use. Val

• Posted

I also thought it was dementia, till i was told a few weeks ago it could be Brain fog. Does it get worse? or does it go back to normal? 

• Posted

Well sweetie, it is better if you are rested and not very stressed out.

But like kiki was saying, there are many ways to help with memory.

Make sure that you use reminders. I use my calendar app for

everything. If I need to pick up a prescription I set my calendar for

the day that I need to get it, then I set reminders for the night before,

that morning, 2 hrs. before, 1 hr. before. Whatever I need to not

forget. That's just an example. I do that for a lot of things. Just

remember to take care of yourself. Eat well, plenty of sleep, and low

stress. It can help with many of the problems associated with

Fibromyalgia. It can get better. Good days and bad days. I hope that

most of your days are the good kind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.