Brain fog

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've posted on here before about brain fig but omg it's terrible. I'm really worried I'm losing my mind. confusion, forgetful, writing wrong dates on things, counting things wrong at work, picking things up and seconds later dont know were I've put it. its worrying me. anyone the same xx

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi lisa - my brain fog feels more like my head is just full of pressure, like there is a balloon in my head - i havent been too forgetful (at least not yet) but my recall is horrific! i can just meet someone & i literally will forget their name - my brain fog comes & goes like all my millions of symptoms - i just met a woman the other day who said she never had one symptom of menopause...how can that be? why do some woman suffer so horribly & others do not?

• Posted

The brain fog with me is the worse symptom and the loss of appetite at times. My mother said she didn't experience any menopause symptoms. She stated that she didn't know she was going through. She is now a healthy, beautiful, feel good all the time 78 year young lady. WHY DID IT DO ME THIS WAY?! I HATE MENOPAUSE!!! I pray it skips my daughter since it got me. 😦

• Posted

Crystal,

My mom says the same, but then she shares things that were happening to her at my age that make me think she did go through it, she just didnt know the stuff she was feeling was menopause. I hate it too. Trying to make peace with it, but it is a struggle. Brain fog is troubling for me too. Hope your day goes well.

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I'm the same. It comes and goes, one day I'm fine and the next I can't remember anything and work is a struggle. Last week I had a really bad day - burned an omelette, delivered the wrong mower back to my mum, left my credit card in a shop and then got confused when driving my son to a party, in a city I know really well. I came home terrified! Then I googled and looked at the alzeimers check list and felt much better. I'm only 44 so young to have natural confusion but I remember enough of to have some brain issue. I'm sure you'll be the same too. I'm just trying to accept it for what it is, because worrying makes it worse. Hope you feel better xxx

• Posted

I have it a lot. Fuzzy head, forgetful, confused, making stupid mistakes. My doctor says it is all perimenopause. The hormone fluctuations impact the brain. I totally get the fear!

• Posted

Yes Yes Yes dear ur not alone

Having all this.

its Peri effect

tk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.