brain fog and awful symptoms what should ibdo ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been getting brain fog on a daily basis i have headaches all day i feel dizzy an nausea i lost 20lbs my heart feels abnormal an when i go to sleep i wake up early in the morning like at 5 am an i feel really week an shaky and my stomach hurts alot and i toss and turn . I have been taking 50mcg of levothyroxine for 5days now in the morning , i feel like I'm going insane can anyone please help me asap i need some advice please

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are so ill.  I don't know what will help.  Not familiar with any of these drugs myself just yet (early days for me).

I would think that if you are this bad 5 days in - that it's most likely to be side effects - I think you should see your GP urgently.

Hope it gets sorted soon and you're back to feeling better. 

• Posted

Have you have your bloods checked?   I have an overactive thyroid and take anti-thyroid meds, first one I tried was carbimazole and now ptu.  Please get it checked out
  • Posted

You haven't given us much in the way of background information.  Why are you taking levothyroxine? Do you have Hashimoto's disease?  Who prescribed the levothyroxine and why?  This is a Board for Graves disease and hyperthyroid patients.  Most Graves patients would not be taking Levothyroxine unless they were on a Block and Replace program in which case they would also be taking Carbimazole along with it.  If you were given the Levothyroxine because you were hypothyroid, it sounds like you are now hyperthyroid as the levothyroxine replaces low thyroid hormone, it does not block excessive thyroid hormone.

Please give us more information if you would like help.

• Posted

I'm sorry I'm in the wrong room im hypothyroid but I have all this if any of u can please help me , im only 18 yrs an I have a daughter an I can't keep being like this I have to be at work to be able to support for my family
  • Posted

I'm sorry I'm hypothyroid but if any of you guys can help in any kind of way I would really appreciate it please , I'm only a 18 year old male with a daughter I really got to get better I need to support my family please help
  • Posted

Brain fog and headaches are common symptoms of hypothyroidism, some of these symptoms sound very hyper rather than hypo, but symptoms can cross over, for example the weight loss is typically hyper,loose bowels and inability to sleep.

Have you had your blood pressure taken, i think it would be a good idea if you have a full blood panel done also.Most people i know who are hypo and on Levo usually settle on a larger dose than 50mcg, but this is a starting dose and you are probably still suffering with symptoms, give it a bit longer and if you still feel awful see your doctor/endo.

• Posted

I only had my tsh levels done my tsh was 12.65 is this bad ?
  • Posted

Many people with TSH levels such as yours have Hashimoto's thyroiditis which can either present as hyper or hypo or often both.  The only way to diagnose that is in addition to the three thyroid blood tests of TSH Free T3 and Free T4, blood to check for Hashimoto antibodies and/or Graves antibodies should be done.  If you have Hashimoto's or both Graves and Hashimoto's, what I have seen posted here on these Boards is that Hashi patients have difficulty controlling their disease because they react so strongly to thyroid meds.  If they take Carbimazole for hyperthyroid symptoms, they go hypo very quickly and cannot control their symptoms.  I have a friend with Hashimoto's with a TSH of 21 and she refused to take leveothyroxine or anything like it. She has gone to a practitioner in Oriental Medicine and has had some success with that.  Also, she has determined she has adrenal problems as well.  Most of us thyroid patients need to change our diets, avoid gluten and sugar and in some cases dairy in our diets, also take supplements for support.  I have seen Hashimoto patients have great success with supplementing with L-Carnitine and controlling their symptoms with that.  At the very least, you need better medical help.  Your doc should be able to answer  your questions, tell you definitively what disease you have and then you need to be your own best advocate above and beyond any medical help you get from doctors, i.e. see Naturopaths, take supplements and watch your diet and research your condition, check out medical Boards for patients with your disease and see what has helped them. 

I have seen patients with thyroid diseases who do that do way better than patients who are passive with their physicians.  All the best to you and keep us posted on your course.

• Posted

Just got my levels done last night hope I get good enough info for what disease I've got .. I work in the oil fields in from the united states an I can't slack off at all because anything that I do wrong will result in death or many deaths I really need to get to the bottom of this
  • Posted

My t4 (8.5)ug//dL - normal range 4.65-10.5

My TU (35.0)% - normal range 31.0-39.0

My FTI (3.0 -- but no normal range listed ?

my tsh (5.15) uU/mL - normal range 0.34-4.82

what should I do these lab results are 4 days old ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.