Brain fog and can't remember anything

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive been on Lexapro for 6 months now. i had really bad side effects for months and most had finally settled at about the 4 month mark.. thank goodness .

I didn't really want to change again and also, weight is a big issue on most.. i am on 10mg and because the insomnia was so bad..can't sleep til 1.30am . The doc has added 10;mg of Valdoxan.. this helped with settling down the Lexapro side effects a bit too...so I still have insomnia, constipation, and my head feels so odd.. like a constant buzzing that is worse at night.. I can't remember anything, haven't even remembered a dream since i started taking them... If i go to a meeting, I can't tell you much at all about it a couple of hours later...I am an artist and I can't think straight to paint.. leave alone a concept.

Unfortunately, the things it does help are really good, panic attacks, anxiety, worrying, all those things are much better. I was really hoping they would work. Somthe doc said to cut back to 5mg and see how that goes. I said should I taper and he said no...not a high dose so don't worry....well i've been cutting about 2mg off for the last 2 weeks and on day 5. Bam, nausea, hot sweats and worse dizzying...

Does anyone else have this problem? I was on Mirt before this and thought it's withdrawals could have been part of the problem but now I'm not so sure.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gina, I'm on lexapro for 3 month, doc started me on 15mg and upped it to 20mg 4 weeks ago my anxiety is terrible in morn I seem to improve in evening but think increase made me more anxious, I mentioned this to doc he said it could take 6 weeks after increase them but it's really tough, any body have any suggestions be very grateful

• Posted

Hi Snow..

Thank you so much for answering..

I'm only on 10mg and was suppose to go on 20mg but the side effects were terrible for me.

I seem to be the opposite.. I'm not too bad after 11am and then it hits again at about 3-4pm.. insomnia is terrible. My anxiety wasn't good on it either.. i've now had Valdoxan added which has helped the anxiety side of things. I found it took me at least 3 months to settle down on them but usually, it's 4-6 weeks. I think it depends on how bad the side effects are..possibly anyway. I had to rely on d

Oxazepam to cope in the short term..not the best but I know I'd have gone nuts with anxiety otherwise.

Will the doc give you something to help with anxiety short term ? Mine was Serapax,( Oxazepam) but he should be able to give you something to help you get through ..

• Posted

Hi. Yes he give me anaxicalm for 7 days only and then review in week but I'm not sleeping well and then anxiety really bad gives me lot of time to think I have recently retired from work, but it's just since the increase from 15mg to 20mg takin long to settle on them it's 4 weeks now thanks Gina u have been really helpful

• Posted

Do you think you really need to go to 20mg? Im not because I just found it too much..if the 15mg was working, I'd stay on that for a bit til it all settles down..it's so hard hey. Never know whats the best thing to do half the time. It seems to be a strong drug as I've never had too many problems before this one..the night times are the worst..puts you off going to bed when you know you can't sleep... Try and think it's just a few more days til you'll feel better.. hard to do I know. I hope it settles down quickly for you..never good to be in anxiety mode let alone when you can't sleep..thinking of you , G

• Posted

That's for sure it just waking in morn knowing same thing today again, I didn't want to move up to 20 but physic team thought be better boost for me but it's taking some time for I'm not feeling any good effects but I was told can take up to 6 weeks when u increase meds, no easy solution

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.