Brain Fog and Estreme Fatigue after eating

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone else experience brain fog and extreme fatigue after eating a meal with preservatives and or high sodium (700mg +)? Other than hearing loss it is the most frequent problem I have had recently. I've been through all stages of this disease and I do realize that I now have it better than a lot of people who still suffer vertigo and tinnitus and I'm grateful but I just keep hoping I can get back to a more normal daily routine. Thanks,

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Glennmorr,

I am glad you brought this issue up, I have been battling Meniere's since 2005

I too have been able to say bye to most of the vertigo, My hearing is nearly gone, my balance is ruined< I now use a power chair to ambulate. The topic of eating, for some unknown reason to this point, My dizziness worsen with any meal, I have drilled the doctor's about this for a long time now, I finally figured out what it is, When I eat my stomach requires a larger flow of blood for the digestive process, this cause a decrease in blood flow to the brain, and activates "Brain Fog" The only thing that has helped this is to eat several small meals throughout the day

to prevent the stomach from being greedy with the blood flow

Bertman

• Posted

I also have brain fog and fatigue, but I've never associated it with any specific foods. But I will try to pay closer attention to that to test your theory. Like you, I've had all the symptoms of the disease. I've had it for 5 years now, but have been vertigo-free for 1 year 4 months. I still struggle with brain fog, tinnitus, fatigue, and sometimes an off-balance feeling when walking. Drinking more water and jogging a little bit has helped me a lot. I also now take gingko biloba, a multivitamin, and lysine daily. Since taking them, the vertigo has not returned.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.