Brain fog and severe GI problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello! So my husband has been dealing with severe pains in his abdomen, nausea, vomiting almost everyday, as well as brain fog, dizziness, loss of balance, loss of appetite (which smoking helps) he’s unable to drive or work. This has been going on for 6 and a have months now, no doctor would help us and just kept telling us it was GERD. (Which it absolutely is not) we finally got a natural path who is helping us and ran a ton a ton of blood test which we get back tomorrow. We also changed his diet to Gluten free thinking possible celiacs disease, which seemed to help his stomach for a few weeks, he was in pain this morning though. His brain fog hasn’t gone away yet. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this or has gotten diagnosed successfully with anything. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ask the doctor to check for pancreatitis. Have you had his A1C checked ? Has he taken a cat- scan to determine any inflammation ? Please keep us updated for the blood test results. GOD BLESS HIM !
  • Posted

My turning point with nausea was taking a Multivitamin supplement and extra Magnesium/ Calcium Combo. Also no more milk. Milk is said to help with acid reflux, but others say that it actually stimulates the acid production later. And that happened for me. If I leave milk out, I don’t get those stomach pains any more. Also Aloe Vera helps very much.

I also stay away from sugar and caffeine plus I eat a clean diet. Key is also lots of plain water.

Kefir is also very good for my stomach. But as I said. The nausea is probably because the stomach is inflamed- take the multivitamins and the extra magn/calc. Since I take that I had no more of those nausea attacks..

Hope this helps.

• Posted

I agree with Cth the answer could very well be with something natural. My wife and I take protandim which can work wonders on G.I stuff and definitely on Acid reflux/heartburn. Its all natural products and gluten free. If you're interested I can get you some more information on it.

• Posted

Yes, rule out food issues first..

We had at the end a compression of the coeliac artery (probably nerves as well, no surgery yet) and compression of duodenum.

I think imaging like a CT or MRI would be great to rule out structural issues. 

(beware though: for the coeliac artery that MRA or CTA has to be in exhaling supine position, otherwise will always be overlooked. Ultrasound is better. But first things first)

All the best!

• Posted

Please ask your doctor to check for Helicobacter pylori infection. It cannbe detected via a breath test or stool sample. I had very similar symptoms and that was my cause, all the best 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.