Brain fog, dizziness, feeling unsteady even while sitting, headaches, weakness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last May, I got into a car accident. A very minor one. No damage to my car at all. The guy who hit me was going very fast before hitting me though, as I heard his brakes screeching for about 2 or 3 seconds before being surprised by the impact (I was rear ended). The next month, I was just sitting in my room when all of a sudden I started to feel a weird sensation in my head and neck. My parents called an ambulance and they checked my heart rate and blood pressure and it was just slightly higher than normal due to the panicked state I was in. I decided to not go to the hospital. A couple of months later, the weird sensations intensified, giving me anxiety for the first time in my life. Then came minor dizziness, that almost pulsated (I could feel the dizziness happen somewhere in my body. Almost like a pulse, if that makes sense. The dizziness is very constant today, and I also get weird headaches that last all day or days! I also have light and sound sensitivity, with sometimes having trouble maintaining my balance while walking. While trying to find answers, I got none from any traditional doctors I’ve been to so far. This condition has sent me to the ER many times. I’ve gotten almost all the tests you can get (EKG, blood work, CT scan of my neck and head). Nothing wrong in either of those. The neck scan is the most recent, in January. My neck hurts, so I went to see a muscle/skeletal doctor last week and they said everything is fine in that regard, but that I should see a neurologist. I made an appointment for next week. The only answer I’ve received is from an upper cervicales doctor who said my top vertebrae (atlas) is tilted to the left, and that could be the cause of everything. I received a treatment and it hasn’t done very much (no cracking involved). It’s been almost a year of this and it’s taken over my life. Some days I cannot get out of bed. I’m nervous that it’s a brain tumor or something serious like that. I’ve heard that CT scans are not reliable in terms of finding something in the soft tissue. My head has been pounding with no pain for almost 3 days now. Medicine does nothing for it. Today, I was on the phone with a friend and out of nowhere, everything he said started to echo, and I felt a sense of confusion hit me. As we continued to talk, I struggled to find words and would often pause in between sentences to figure out what word was next. My right leg felt short when I walked, and I felt off balance as well. Someone please help! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I also meant to add that I am 27 years old, I developed heart burn and a gassy stomach even when it’s empty, have had chest pains that have sent me to the hospital. 
  • Posted

ANy help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Posted

I have booked an appointment for cervical screening on the 19th of March. I hope that this is the right forum for this. I have never had one before. I am 46 and going through the peri menopause. I started getting letters through the post at the age of 25. This was when I lived in Chorlton. I've never had full on sexual intercourse because of sexual abuse by a family member in the past so therefore don't have next of kin. When the letters for the appointments first started they sent me to see a gynaecologist and I had something similar to a smear test but it wasn't a smear test. I have also been in a women's project and I had a not very good doctor who wasn't very polite so I refused to have the test. I also have been a bi sexual but have never slept with anyone because when I have any kind of sexual contact I hear voices and at one point had to be put on anti psychotics and anti depressants. The voices were in my vagina and I experienced pain and high blood pressure and the doctor said it was because of weight. The voices also talk about church and religion and diseases. I have also masturbated from the age of thirteen then stopped in my thirties when I was on medication then I started again approaching my late forties. I have sex with the voices. The doctor I have now isn't too bad and has sent me some different information on this and I booked an appointment. I'm trying my best to think positive but it's difficult. 

• Posted

HEY RACHEL I think you aren’t talking about the other kind of cervical exam. I’m talking about my neck. 
    • Posted

I am fairly new to this and not very good with technology either. Do you mean as in a cervical collar for your neck or skin cancer, because moles is another one that doctors warn about. I have moles on my neck. They don't look ugly and haven't caused a problem. Sometimes they can turn into blood blisters. In women they can be called beauty spots until the 1990s when there were warnings about skin cancer, also cervical cancer

• Posted

Hi, did you find the answer? I have the same symptoms too but i dont know where i got it.  “Then came minor dizziness, that almost pulsated (I could feel the dizziness happen somewhere in my body. Almost like a pulse, if that makes sense. The dizziness is very constant today, and I also get weird headaches that last all day or days! Also sudden movement somewhere in your body. I had a check up and the doctor told me that i am stressed and have myofascial pain syndrome and cenivogrnic vertigo, i was prescribed to take muscle relaxant and anti vertigo meds, but nothing happened after. It got worst after i finished the one week medication, now i have this unsteadiness feeling while lying in bed and everytime i am bout to get my sleep there is a pulse somewhere in left part of my body that awakens me. So ive been awake for 2 days now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.