Brain Fog Help

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was diagnosed with anemia in April of 2019 due to heavy periods so they put me on the mini pill and my symptoms like noticing my heart beat, having blurred vision once, ear feeling stuffed up, feeling really tired and the room spinning, all of which didn't happen often but these things stopped once I started taking the prescribed iron supplements. I was also given the mini pill which stopped my periods, the cause of my anemia. The second blood work done in the autumn of 2019 showed improvement but I had very small red blood cells and there were more of them by the autumn but they were still small I was told.

What didn't stop was my fuzzy head, its brain fog, light headedness, difficulty concentrating and the world just looking like my perspective has shifted. Everything else was getting better but this, so I went back to the GP in March of 2020 to find they lost my blood work but they decided to put me on HRT as I'm 50 and perhaps that was the cause.

I started the HRT in March of 2020 and then Covid hit and I never got back to do the blood test again. In September I started to get spotting daily which turned into a light period constantly. I called the doctor in November still thinking my fussy head which did get a bit better was due to menopause. They changed the HRT and within 24 hours I had a really heavy period and my head got so bad I was afraid to be alone or drive as I didn't know what would happen, My memories hardly even exist of this time, so I set out to fix it. I changed my diet and stopped the HRT, which I found out was doing nothing anyway, and finally for Christmas the bleeding stopped.

I've been on iron tablets since April of 2019 and I'm eating more iron foods, and I weaned myself of the PPI I was taking for reflux as I read that can cause issues. My head is back to its normal fuzzy but does this go away? I was lead to believe that if I just took the tablets it would fix itself and its not. My Covid anxiety means that I can't go and get another blood test right now and I feel like I've messed up all the progress I'd made because I did not realise my brain fog due to anemia.

So that's the question really, will I ever get my brain back?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.