Brain fog issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 35 I was diagnosed with Gilberts syndrome about 3 or 4 years ago, I get the usual symptoms stress, tiredness and brain fog but my brain fog is more like 'in one ear out the other'. My memory sometimes is that bad that once I finish a sentence I forget what we were talking about and when you tell people about your memory being bad you get the usual 'you think your memory is bad!?'...... it's affecting my work quite alot now and my home life too to a certain degree and causing myself and others undue stress, I'm currently on pills for stress and anxiety. I've read up a little about milk thistle to help with the overall symptoms of Gilberts syndrome and have tried various types but not noticed any difference, what I'm really asking is, does anyone else have bad brain fog/memory and is there anything that effectively helps with it?? Sorry to go on 😊

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have same problem. I have also bad stomach quiet often. I found some forums for people with GS. People there said, their problems were smaller after they stopped to eat some kind of food. I'm trying to stop dairy products and gluten. I spotted my brain fog became extreme after I started eating big yogurt in the evening. I stopped gluten as I have bad stomach everytime I eat wholegrain bread. I feel better, but it could be just in my mind. I'll see after few months if there will be real improvement. Many websites says people with GS have often some kind of food allergy/intolerance

• Posted

Hi,

Do you have Facebook if you do you should join Life with Giberts Syndrome Group, they are really happen and suffer from the same symptoms. I hope this helps.

From Joel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.