Brain Fog, Sudden Dizziness, Vertigo?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I'm not here to ask for advice. I just thought this might help. Please have your jaw checked if you have the following symptoms:               Vertigo, brain fog, heavy head feeling, lump in the throat, constant unsteadiness, stuffy ears, tingling fingers...I've had these symptoms for years, and I was diagnosed with TMJ disorder. I didn't have a clue what it was because I didn't have jaw pain. I am being treated by a TMJ dentist. I am far from healed, but I've experienced noticeable relief. And at least now I know where it's coming from. You might not have TMJ disorder, but it might help to rule it out. God bless! Hope this helps.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was under the impression TMJ was painful?  How did they detect it.  
    • Posted

TMJ disorder is like an umbrella of symptoms. It's very broad. I didn't have a clue what it was because I didn't have jaw pain. When my jaw started clicking (no pain), that was when I thought of going to a dentist. I had been to different doctors before this (including a cardiologist!). I had a series of x-rays especially in the jaw area. They also created a plaster cast of my teeth. 

• Posted

Yes forgot about the clicking. That is a sign of TMJ
  • Posted

Appreciate sharing the experience. what was the diagnostic test for TMJ disorder and what is the treatment for it ?
    • Posted

I had a series of x-rays especially in the jaw area. They also created a plaster cast of my teeth. I had a CT scan of my ears prior to these, but it didn't detect anything. My ENT doc thought I had a tumor in my ear or something because it seemed like that was where the problem started. It turned out it was my jaw joints. That explains why I had stuffy ears. 

• Posted

Yes, I think it is definitely related. I've been having the same experiences and just found out I am tongue tied and have jaw issues myself. I go in next month to have my frenulum lazered off and working with a Myofunctional Therapist to strengthen my tongue and jaw. I'm excited at the prospect of feeling better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.