Brain inflammation is it common?

Posted , 2 users are following.

2months back I went to a gp and did a ct scan. He found something in that report which at times he said is inflammation or sinus or allergies (yes i have food intolerance i suppose). He prescribed me medecins for Pakinson disease which I did not take. Later I had some very terrible bursting headache and dizziness and confusion. I was admitted to the clinic and did MRI of cervical and brain which was clear. I repeately have stiff neck which result in pain in the head and fast heart beat. Its so horrible

Anyone familiar which these symptoms? I am 29.

Thank you for your reply. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I too suffer from the same thing, just had an MRI and everything came back Clear.  Dr. thinks it is Allergy/Sinus inflammation so I will be going to see an Allergist and in the mean time Dr. told me to take nose spray and allergy med to see if my symptoms improve, she is also referring me to try Accupuncture treatments to see if that helps.  I also see a Chiropractor which helps alot!  Hope you get some answers and relief soon
    • Posted

Hello Nic, am happy atleast I knw someone who is having same problem as me, but I feel sorry for you too. I am waiting for insurance to continue my treatment and get another opinion. its so scary, my inflammation rate is 65 which is very high. do keep update. thank you and hope you find the cause of your problem too
    • Posted

It's strange, the MRI I had done 4 years ago showed a cyst in my sinus cavity as well as an Empty Sella (which drs at the time did nothing about) and now it's all clear but I am still have the same issues. Don't get me wrong I am very happy it's clear, just wish I could figure out why I am having these issues and for years now. 

How did you figure out your inflammation rate?  Hoping you are able to get that 2nd opinion and some answers!  Good luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.