Brain issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

as i have stated I've had this crap for 20 years but i have noticed a marked change in brain function. we all have brain fog but my family joked that i need a 30 second delay button when answering anyone. What's in my head and what comes out of are two different things. Now i need a caution flashing light implanted on the top of my head. This is nuts!! I have gotten in more trouble. It's like someone came and stole my filter button. You think it ...I'll say it. Not a good combo! At least we all laugh a lot. Hell not much else to do.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

my worse symptom has become clumsiness. I drop everything i hold. Anything i touch, falls . Sometimes when i walk, i feel like im walking sideways and i bump into things. My short term memory comes and goes. lol, i always tell my wife im 40 going on 80. Ive learned to laugh and live with it i guess.

• Posted

yeah when i kept falling off my walking exercise machine i knew i was in trouble. I try to avoid driving as much as possible which sucks but I've had many car accidents. I've hit six deer who gets that lucky. I don't have any sharp brain responses. I don't know if that makes sense. At least on this site if I screw up what I'm trying to say I'm not alone feeling like an idiot. This crap is so humbling. Just a walking brain fart! Feels like one fart away from deflating.

• Posted

The problem with ME/CFS is the physical exhaustion means lack of exercise

which impacts the brain, memory loss should be checked out by MRI scan

which in turn a medication such as Memantine Hydrochloride can help,

in the meantime try 10 deep breathing exercises several times a day,

I believe there is study into dispersible aspirin helping brain function

but not yet proved

• Posted

My understanding we are losing the myelin on our brains. Which means the wiring is misfiring. Sending mixed messages. We know that our cells do not store the glucose and oxygen to get restorative sleep. And learning are cells don't get the calcium they need. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars over the years to have doctor's use my for an experiment. Until real conclusions are reached I will wait for answers. I've waited this long. I'm doing things organically and its working for me. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Appreciated.

• Posted

I still get exercise with my cfs..but my concentration and focus are bad. . New studies now show the brain can regenerate which is opposite of what science had stated earlier. We all have weaknesses and different symptoms....but fortunately my fatigue has improved along with stamina. However, my concentration, balance and clumsiness have not. Mri is normal, which usually the case with most of us Cfs patients with memory and concentration issues. My short term memory as stated earlier is comical , cfs is more of a breakdown at the cellular level and a repeating cycle of inflammatory cytokines. We just soldier on and listen to our bodies.

• Posted

I have the same problem and my wife laughs all the time as well ... so do I. 😉

• Posted

Good for you both. Humor is important even if we are the humor:)!!!

• Posted

wow, learnt alot of little facts in this discussion,thanks Lisa.

My memory is shocking, once my bank called me and i couldnt remember my name (and that was before i was diagnosed!)

I know what i want to say but for some reason my mouth says different words from what my brain is thinking.

My boyfriend and i are coming up with different theme tunes to match how im feeling. So on a bad day he'll play the imperial march (Star wars). We know how serious this is but i need to have a laugh and joke because I AM NOT going to let it bring me down.

• Posted

i would agree we have enough down days. Some days I just want to scream head off but that takes to much energy. My 'organic products' help with everything. Helps keep away the depression. I can deal with the physical but not my brain melting. And its a slow melt. I had a doctor slap my back saying you can live a long life but it's going to miserable and walked away. Yeah ... whatever!! I like the theme music idea. I'm going to work that. Keep smiling!! Don't let the b******s get ya down!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.