brain problem

Posted , 2 users are following.

the CT scan report of my father's brain states :

there is periventricular ischaemic changes with chronic infarct in the left cerebellar hemisphere with chronic lacunar infarcts in both gangliocapsular region with prominence of the sulco-gyral spaces and ventricular system suggestive of atrophic changes.

now in plain language what does this mean ?  some more info about my father :

1. he is 85 year old

2. he is forgetting things every now and then.

3. he sometimes behaves like a mad man.

4. he often losses his temper on small things. he uses filthy slang language.

5. he hates doctor.

6. he loves to cling to his past and he does not want to listen to present.

7. he does not care about others feelings. he is very selfish in nature.

8.  he is a obsessive compulsive LIAR. he often denies what he has done a second ago.

9.  he changes his word vehemently. now he is saying yes, now he is saying no.

in nowadays he becomes unbearable..

now my question is :

1. is there any connection between the symptoms and the ct scan report ?

2. if not treated where these things will go in near and far off future ?

3. what we can do now ? is the treatment possible at home since he does not want to go to doctor ?

please answer. we are in great trouble.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Hun he’s older man most likely he’s very frustrated all this issues could be based on his problems. I think he does not mean to do these things . He might be living in his past cause he is probably has dementia. With dr that he’s probably frustrated with people poking him so on . Have u tried sitting reading book to him ?his lying swearing all due to that most lukely

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.