Brain shocks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia for some years. I've always gotten face and head shocks. Top of my head to be specific. Well my front side too tooth need a root canal, I went to the Dentist & they gave me Narco & antibiotics. After I finished the prescription my tooth was still hurting so I went back, they said they couldn't give me more antibiotics because my body will get immune, but said after the health insurance approve the root canal in 3 weeks we will go from there. So now its been a week and half. I'm getting killing electric shocks on the right side of my brain. Wakes me up out my sleep feel like I'm dying. The shocks hurt bad. So this morning I called the Dentist got me in for emergency root canal. I went when he stuck the needle in to numb me it hit that nerve and I was screaming it felt like I was dying. I had a panic attack, staff rushed yo help me, putting ice packs on me & etc. Well I ended up getting 14 more shots to numb me, the dentist said k have a bad infection in the tooth. Well he did a procedure basically opened it up and drained it, and gave me narco and antibiotics. Well after I got home im getting less painful shocks. Well tonight after all numbing medicine wore off. The eléctric shocks in my brain are back And killing me. So i took a tegratol and narco. I can't talk or it will trigger it, can't lay on my right side. I can't move around too much or it will it. I don't go back for the root canal for 2_weeks. What should I do? I have work in a couple days, and when these shocks hurt bad to the point in in tears and screaming. How can I get relief?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well I should rephrase my comment above. I use to only get shocks from my face to the back of my head, now its shocking from the front to back and the side, and far more worse. I can't verbally talk right now without getting electric shocks.

• Posted

I sympathize with you. I am positive simple dental work has caused my TN.It started by a filing leaving me in excruciating pain with the dentist saying there's no other option but root canal... I've done research and has concluded that this is unnessary.. I'm seeing my GP today and am filling a lawsuit against my Dentist. As for relief I do take Gabapentin already, Anti inflammatories, Codiene, Opiates. Anything that at least dulls this awful pain. I am searching for solutions myself so I'll keep you posted. Best of luck on finding some relief from this 'unknown' pain.🙇

• Posted

Thank you...I need relief. I can't work like this, this pain is terrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.