Brain surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

saw surgeon yesterday and he told me I would need surgery to remove the part of the brain that has gone down the hole! (Sorry not very good with medical terms). Has anyone else had this done? He says there is no other option and that it would need doing urgently (within four weeks).

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had surgery 7 months ago - the minutes I woke up from my surgery - I was pain free - fantastic
    • Posted

My neurosurgeon is dr white queen Elizabeth birmingham. I m just trying to gather all information I can

Thanks

• Posted

Fantastic ..anywhere in QE Elisabeth hospital is excellent - as they are under Mr Flint 's expertise - so good luck - make sure you write it down what you are going to ask/worry etc... Good Luck -- you doing the right thing..decompression is the answer - with QE hospital Neuro - they will cut your C1 - removed the dura - cease the herniation ten they leave it at that without putting dura - stictched.... I prommise you the soonest you do it the better - I wish I had that done the sooner they asked me - but its my own fualt I have no one to blame - but its ruinning the muscle at my spine and neck...

• Posted

Can I ask how long has your recovery taken ? How long were u in hospital etc ?

Thanku

• Posted

Mine took only 4 hours however it is depend on each person - but generally  within that hours. The minutes I woke up all my pain gone.

I supposed to stay 1 week but ended up 6 weeks. I am still recovering now but pain and drug free

• Posted

Everyone is different with the operation and recovery. As b2wc says it can take a couple of  hours or so and a few days to recover. Unfortunatley mine took nearer 9 hours, lot of work done, and several days to come round. 
    • Posted

All the decompression was successful no compllication - but I suffer from chemical meningitis..(Its not serious..but it did effect my immunity to cope with the pain..since I just got invasive surgery in the brain/skull - (they cut my C1 off) hence that where I suffer the  most - any morphoine, steroid did not help..Mr Flint would not let me go - as I have to drive 3 hours...they will not let some one who had just cranial decompression to travel over than 2 hours..so he made sure I am fully recovered prior to discharged me..you are lucky to be ablet to go to this hospital - QE Birmingham Hospital renowned to be the best in EUROPE.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.