Brain tumor

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi there I'm really worried I have a brain tumor 2 weeks ago I started getting these headaches the hedaches have calmed down but my vision is not normal than usual I have been to the doctors 3 times they said it was migraines then anxiety . I have no sezuires or anything like that I'm just wondering is it me worrying more that's making these symptoms .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can certainly bring on headaches, and migraines are associated with visual disturbances, so I think you've nothing to lose by trusting the doctor and working on reducing your anxiety and worrying less. Try relaxation - a warm bath, or listening to gentle music perhaps? Then if it's still as bad after a few weeks, you can go back to the doctor and tell him how it is. Are there things in your life causing you more stress and anxiety at the moment? Try tackling them too. These are just suggestions, I know myself how anxiety can affect you.
  • Posted

Thank you yeah well my girlfriend and I arr having a baby and getting married next year I don't no if I'm deverting the stress from that to thinking I have a brain tumorĀ 
  • Posted

It is likely a combination of migraines and anxiety that is giving you these symptoms. My eyes always go funny before a migraine. Your symptoms don't scream out 'brain tumour' to me.

Your best bet is to give yourself some time to calm down, and see if the symptoms persist. Getting your eyes checked may also be a good idea, as there are a lot of things that can cause sudden vision problems and they might be able to tell you more there.

I do believe your anxiety is making things worse than they really are. Especially since you were worried enough to visit the doctors three times in 2 weeks. I would give yourself a few weeks, get your eyes tested, then if things still haven't improved, go back and talk to your doctor again. They may be able to give you something for the headaches or the anxiety. I presume the headaches come and go? If so, that is a very positive sign.

Also, it is possible to get cluster headaches and tension headaches as well as even headaches caused by dehydration (which can also effect eyesight). So while you are waiting, make sure you are drinking plenty of water, cutting back on the caffeine, eating well etc. This may just cure the headaches on its own.

• Posted

Thank you the pain is down the left side of my head and at the bottom sometimes it's ok then when I'm walking about feels like everything is blurry not to the point a cant see just a weird blurry I always jump to the worst case situations

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.