Brain Tumor or Anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past 6 weeks I've been having weird symptoms.  I've been feeling lightheaded for the majority of the day and now it's turned into a heavy headed/dizzy feeling and I feel like I'm in a brain fog.  I sometimes feel like I have a hard time speaking, and feel detached.  I used to be so active and now I'm always tired and lethargic and want to sleep all the time.  It's hard because I want to spend time with people but I just feel awful all the time.  I will wake up feeling out of it. No matter how much I sleep I wake up exhausted.  I'll sleep anywhere between 6-10 hours and a normal day is 8 or 9 hours.  Recently I have started having headaches.  They are mostly mild and are tension-like.  I'll feel like there is a rubber band around my head and sometimes it will feel like a hot burning feeling in my head. In the past month I've had three weird nights.  I would feel like I'm about to fall asleep and then I would feel like I forgot how to breath and I would jolt awake with my heart racing and feeling hot.  I have always been scared of getting a brain tumor. 

A little health history:

I have had 4 concussions in the past three years.  

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome

I have TMJ Disorder.  

I took a course of antibiotics for a sinus infection 6 or 7 weeks ago 

I had a CT scan in April and nothing was found 

Bloodwork done in december and everything was normal (Checked for anemia, thyroid, liver, kidneys, etc.) only thing unusual was a slightly elevated level of iron.  

I recently heard something about Candida overgrowth and a major cause can be a course of antibiotics.  My symptoms have showed up right around that time frame and many of them are similar to candida.  

I'm overall very scared. I'm a college student in a happy realtionship and don't know what kind of stress can cause anxiety and my symptoms also can be from brain tumors.  I just want some answers because my doctors don't know what's going on.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks,

Matt

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Matt, just a thought, but has your doc thought you might have ME/CFS?

Estelle

• Posted

Hi Matt, This is from the ME Association:

It should be explained that there are a number of different names for what is an illness of uncertain cause affecting many thousands of people. Currently it is estimated that some 250,000 people in Britain are affected by this illness.

Myalgic Encephalopathy or “ME” (a term which The ME Association feels is more appropriate than the original, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or “CFS”

Post-Viral Fatigue Syndrome or “PVFS”

Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome or “CFIDS”

All types of people at all ages are affected. Severe and debilitating fatigue, painful muscles and joints, disordered sleep, gastric disturbances, poor memory and concentration are commonplace. In many cases, onset is linked to a viral infection. Other triggers may include an operation or an accident, although some people experience a slow, insidious onset

My daughter has this illness and she has alot of the same symptoms you have.There is a lot of information online .

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.