Brain tumor ? Or anxiety ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I’ve had a headache for the past five weeks which first started as being lightheaded! (I still do feel lightheaded especially at work and inside shops) I don’t have any other symptoms however after consulting with dr google I’ve convinced my self I have a brain tumor and am going to die! I don’t really suffer from anxiety so I’m not sure what it can mean, I’ve been to the GP who has sent for a referral and advised me to have a eye test which I did was all good. However I cannot shake this feeling that I have a brain tumor.  So has anyone ever felt this way ? Or is it just me 

Thanks 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Well , it is obviously possible

But it depends

It is not like you live in the woods and are

Listening to babbling brooks all day

The only way to find out for sure

Would to pay for an mri

Or get your doctor to refer you

• Posted

Brutally honest lol, I switched at my gp today which he gave into a ct scan 
    • Posted

Thats great

Hopefilly it is just headaches

You might want to take extra vitamins to stay well

It could just be a vitamin deficiency

• Posted

serious ? The Doctor did say From my recent blood result I was lacking vitamin D and had prescribed me some capsules .. maybe that’s the problem lol

Thanks for the reply 

• Posted

I've had similar since last September plus nausea too, fainted twice also.

Went to doctor and he said migraine and gave me something for it but it didn't work so I went back and was told tension headache and anxiety (I too had problems in brightly lit busy places) I was put on antidepressants (I'm not depressed) anyway a couple of weeks later still having headaches so went back and saw a different doctor who thankfully did my blood pressure and it was dangerously high so I was put on blood pressure medication and also sent for a neck xray because of some neck pain I'd been having, it showed severe osteoarthritis and neck slippage which she said would also cause headaches, nausea and dizziness. I'm waiting to see someone now.

I also worried that it was a brain tumour.

Good luck to you.

• Posted

Ahh made me a feel a bit better lol think my minds playing tricks on me lol I’ve nagged my gp into giving me a ct scan hopefully all goes well

Good luck to you Aswell 

• Posted

To Jane

That must be difficult

I would say your symptoms might all be related

To an actual tumour which could be pituitary or

A type of brain tumor which I don't know much about

I habe learned a lot about pituitary tumors and they can cause some of the symptoms your talking about

• Posted

Just a update for those future readers.. I had a CT scan last Wednesday and today it came back clear! Huge relief.. I was prescribed tramadol for the headaches which tbh has given me 70% relief .. happy days 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.