Brain Tumor Symptoms? Please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I feel like I am overreacting but I wanted to check this out before I rush off to my doctor. I am a 25 year old female. For the past five days, I've been dealing with strange headaches along the top of my head, confusion, and severe fatigue. Aching in my elbow joints and tingling in my feet as well. The headaches haven't been severe but enough to be annoying and when I take painkillers for them, they go away only to return the next day and they feel like I have someone gripping the top of my head with their fingers. 

I've also been sleeping eight to ten hours a night but still waking up absolutely exhausted. I've been getting confused and forgetting things and maybe I am depressed? I'm not sure because I have been just so tired but I haven't been feeling...sad? And clumsiness too but I have always been clumsy all of my life. And confusion while driving. Like I cannot focus very well on the road. 

Now I honestly cannot tell if these are signs of severe stress or a brain tumor. My mom has been going thru treatment for early stage breast cancer for the last four months and she had stopped treatment last Friday after 9 chemo sessions. After she decided to stop, I felt like I had crashed and burned and since then I've been exhausted. My father died last year and my sister died the year before and in 2015 I had a breast cancer scare when I found a lump and since then I have been very concerned about my health and If feel  like I am overreacting but this all just started right out of the blue. My mom decided on Friday not to return to chemo and Saturday I began feeling like a pile of poop. 

So what I was thinking was giving this a few more days before I made an appt with my doctor. I feel better today but still pretty fatigued. A lot more clear, my brain doesn't feel like a pile of cotten but I am still getting those light tension-y headaches on top of my head as well. Does anyone think I should worry? I hate being so scared. 

Thank you. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gina

I am going through , the same sort of stuff

And yes you should? Go see a doctor

I had that same tingling in my feet, at first I thought it was my plantar fasciitis, because ,but it may be a combo

Do your hands shake, mine do

I get tired, but the kind of tired you know , something's going on

For you though I'm not sure

I think mine may be a pituitary tumor

If that helps

You may want to get an mri

• Posted

Nope my hands are fine. And yep I've been drinking tea too. I haven't taken any painkillers (ibprofen) today though. 

• Posted

Hi Gina

Secondly

I don't know what painkillers you are talking about

But I would try just having a cup of tea instead

• Posted

Hi Gina

You just might be worried about your mom

It is a big step for her

Chemo is very hard on the body

Hopefully , your mom will continue to try

And treat her cancer with supplements and vitamins

I try to help cancer patients

Online at inspire.com

On the advanced breast cancer

Don't let her give up

• Posted

Worry will not help the headaches and may make them linger. It is unlikely you have a brain tumour but as your symptoms have been around a few days, take that trip to your family doctor.
  • Posted

Hi. I don't think you have a brain tumour but I do think you are suffering from severe stress/depression. So, bearing that in mind, make that doctors appointment because I do think you need some help, at least short term. The cumulative affect of the many traumas that you have suffered in a relatively short period of time could well have resulted in depression.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.