Brain tumour anxiety please someone help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone i'm Josh and i'm a 17 year old male, and i have been so scared, stressed and anxious about having a brain tumour, here is why. I have had a what i can only describe as a tension headache for 4 weeks straight, medicine does relive the pain but it comes back, the pain isn't very bad at all on a scale i would rate it a 4/10, it hurts around my temples, dull aching on the forehead, and sharp pains near the back of the head, so all over. the reason i think i have been getting this headache is because i spend nearly most of me day on the computer playing games, and if i'm not on my computer i'm on my phone.

Anyway here is the Symptoms i am worried about, sometimes, not all the time i wake up feeling sick, especially if i have been stressed or anxious the night before and this gets me so worried because i think i have a brain tumour although the feeling sick goes away with some deep breaths and me walking around the house, i have not been sick and don't feel like i will, I can still do exercise and that helps me a lot because i am not constantly thinking about it, another symptom i have is some muscle spasms in sometimes my legs but not very often only when i am stressed out, one other symptom i have is when i cough i get a sharp pain sometimes not all the time though and i'm not sure what this is, i have no other symptoms like i'm completely fine otherwise.

I have been to the doctors, had eye tests,had a blood test and been to the hospital and there is no pressure behind my eyes and i'm till waiting for my result for my blood test. Also in addition i had a MRI 2 years ago and it came back all clear, i am having another scan soon but i am getting so anxious and stressed can someone tell me if these symptoms are a brain tumour or if its just anxiety, also one more thing i have been diagnosed with OCD and anxiety before but i am just really scared, please could someone help me?? also i'm non stop looking up symptoms and its making me worse, i'm not sure if this nausea is a brain tumour or anxiety im so scared please someone help  

thanks.       

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Josh,

try to calm down a bit and I know thats hard, but really you are making yourself feel worse!  trust me, it wont help being on computer or phone all day at all, try to limit yourself a bit each day.  They would have had you under more tests quicker if they suspected a brain tumour, so try to calm down, get more fresh air.

They will do another scan I'm sure soon and this will tell them all they need to know.

Good luck Josh and let us know how you get on.

Take care and best wishes

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying i just cant stop thinking about it i keep thinking i'm going to die and never going to watch my brother grow up i'm so scared, i've had tests on my eyes and they saw no pressure whats so ever but i keep thinking i have one do you think this is a high chance of a brain tumour or just a tension headache with anxiety, i'm also they said i'm a bit short sighted so they are giving me some glasses could this be a reason for these headaches.

I hope you respond

Thanks 

• Posted

Hey Josh,

This is what I advise OK.  First try to calm down a bit, I know its hard, but try.  Dont be on computer games and watching your phone all day, this in itself can give you headaches.  get out more to get some fresh air, now the weather is improving, and as they have told you, you are short sighted this can be a cause of headaches too.

When is your MRI?  You know when they look into your eyes they can very often tell if you have a tumour as they found this with my Dad, so this is all positive news for you.

So, try my ideas see how you get on and let me know OK.

Good luck and best wishes

• Posted

The MRI is in a few weeks and im so scared they will find something i'm having an awful time atm, i went to the hospital last week and she did tests on me and she told me there isn't anything to worry about and she wants me to have an MRI just so i can put my mind at rest but my mind just keeps saying you have one and im so scared and my anxiety is making it so much worse

Thanks  

• Posted

Josh,

Nothing is pointing to you having a tumour.  If the drs at the hospital had been at all concerned you had one, they would not have let you go.  Like she said, the only reason she has ordered an MRI is to put your minnd at rest once and for all.

So, consider what I suggested in my previous post, this will help you no end.

what are your parents saying to you about it?

• Posted

My parents, especially my mum is really helping i think some of this is to do with me moving to my dads all my life ive been with my mum but i had to move to my dads for college and my mum when i got ill or worried about something would always help me, but its not the same at my dads, and now i feel like i have no one to turn to because its not the same and i just break down into tears about, which makes the headache worse then i start worrying again thinking i have one because it hurts more

Thank you   

• Posted

well try to calm down a bit, try something herbal from holland and barrett just to relax you a bit.  What are you studying at college, dont you go everyday?
    • Posted

i go 4 days a week and today is my day off im fine at college i can do everything fine there but now i just have a worse headache because i have been crying so im going to try and calm down and walk to the shop just to get some food and fresh air
    • Posted

sorry you have been crying.  Its good you get on ok at college and good you will go for a walk.

Message me anytime, if I can help I will.

Take care

• Posted

Thank you so much for helping, i cant thank you enough im sure i will be fine now i just need to relax if im stressed out or anxious is it okay if i message you?
    • Posted

yes Josh, you can message me anytime and if I can help you relax then that will be good.

Take care and dont forget to limit your time on computer games and your phone, get outside more for fresh air.

Let me know how you get on

Take care

• Posted

Thank you so much you have helped me beyond belief and ill keep you updated 

Take care

• Posted

Hey man look i know this thing is kinda scary as hell but youre not the only one that is walking down this road. Last year, October i developed a pressure/tension headache which is here to this day. I have had 3 brain scans, a multitude of blood and urine/stool tests aswell as many more with all the results clear, a headache can literally last years straight and then go away just as fast as it came on. I was scared outta my wits at first but stay strong man, there are plenty of poeple like us, ive even seen a nuerologist. Try peppermint oil and magnesium supplements,they have helped me greatly.
    • Posted

Thank you Matthew 

its just most of the time im on my own at home so i have no one to talk to so im just stuck with my own thought and i become stressed out because i think i have brain tumour symptoms and all i ever do is keep looking up symptoms and that makes me even more stressed its just so scary for me and ive been to the hospital and they checked me out and did some tests and im having a MRI soon but she said there is nothing to worry about its just that i cant seem to get it out of my head that i have a brain tumour and that im going to die

Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.