brain wakes body up every time

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know what to say. every time I start to nod off, I hear myself breathing and get a system shock that forces me back awake. I am about to run out of sleep meds and have no way of getting more. this is a nightmare.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

This is called Sleep Apnea and you maybe waking up more than 20-400 times in a night? 

Have it checked by your doctor/pulmonologist. 

• Posted

hi Johny..

Ur flight or fight mode is very on I think. U're too stressed. U should have ur health and urself as a priority in ur life, not anyone else's. Its what I feel ur feeling. Also meditation in the form of focusing on ur breath with love and understanding, letting it be as it is, might help. I am also struggling insomnia, i wish we who have the same issues should bond and meditate and support eachother on the way... Anyway, turn ur flight or fight mode off, universe is on our side... Something like that.

• Posted

Listen to some meditation audio at bedtime, it will work wonders to help you relax. I have actually had better success lately with self hypnosis. Search "meditation for sleep" and "hypnosis for sleep" on YouTube and you will find many different options to choose from, all free. It is not a disaster if you run out of sleep meds, as it will be better for you in the long run not to be dependent on them.

Your life is not a nightmare, you are going to be just fine. You will find many people here that are going through a similar ordeal and are open to sharing and helping you with your issue. Is it sleep apnea or do you just hear yourself breathing normally and that causes you to wake up? Have you already seen a doctor?

• Posted

Honestly I think this is a manifestation of my brain fighting sleep, ever since a certain incident occurred. I don't think I am even hearing myself breathe, rather I'm hallucinating it, as part of my neurological malfunction.

• Posted

Perhaps try the help of a psychiatrist or psychologist. It sounds like you can trace your sleep issues back to a specific event that your mind is having trouble dealing with.  I would try to work through that issue with a professional rather than putting a band aid over it with sleeping pills.  Sure, sleeping pills can be a short term fix to help you get a little sleep but their effectiveness wears off quickly and then you are left with the same old problem and no remedy.  It may take some time but you can work through it.  It's definitely not a problem that nobody else has gone through. 

• Posted

well, I did not have this problem last night. I also did not sleep a single wink. It's like my brain just gave up on the notion of sleep entirely.

• Posted

I know how this feels, totally. Communicate to yourself, do not give up, talk to yourself, try to understand... When being alone.
  • Posted

so I went to work, did next to nothing all day, on a very cool day, and sweat so profusely it was like I was doing pushups in the attic. that can't be a coincidence.

• Posted

just dropped 7 pounds in 24 hours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.