Brain Zap?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Last month while I was stopped at a red light I suddenly felt my brain shaking/vibrating from side to side almost violently and my vision felt like it was following suit for a moment but the whole thing stopped just as quickly as it began. I remained totally cognizant in the split second it was happening although I sort of felt like I wanted to let my head fall back and pass out. 

This happened right after I made a radical change in my diet and although I'm not outwardly stressed about what's going on in my life right now (married, have a toddler, working, in school, the usual financial struggles) I don't think that it helps. 

I've had what I thought was a brain zap once when I just started taking Paxil four years ago, but it wasn't really the same sensation. That time it felt more like a shock or jolt in my head. Disconcerting, but not nearly as scary as this one.

Is this something I should be concerned with, or might this just have been a side effect of the stress of significantly changing my diet? I'm currently dealing with some digestive/stomach/now possible pancreas issues at the moment.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have felt these strange issues as well. It actually at times feel as tho my head is buzzing..like I'm leaning against a buzzing regrigerator. I also get vertigo at times and I have tinnitis as well. (Ringing in ears, yet mine sounds more like buzzing) anyway, my ENT is giving me an ENG test. You can search what tht all curtails. It's not normal, but hoping to get to the bottom. Do you have any of the othr symptoms I have as well as, acid reflux, Eustation tube disfunction where yr ear stops up?

• Posted

Hi terrie27149,

I actually have experience tinnitus quite often and have for most of my life. I looked up ETD and it sounds like something I've had going on with my ears for a few years now. If I lay on it at the right angle it will feel stopped up. If my sinuses are acting up I might be stuck with it like that for several minutes to about a half hour.

• Posted

Wow lunarose, maybe, just maybe there is a link to all of these horrid symptoms. I truly believe most of mine is deriving from ETD..Sure seems since iv been doing excercises for tht, that many of my othr symptoms are gettin bettr..do you experience dizzines at all?
  • Posted

Also sometimes at nite, before sleep I feel my eyes doing like a rapid eye movement. Do u do this as well?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.