Brain zaps

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive asked this before but no response so trying again, has anyone experience brain zaps and very lightheaded with anxiety ty

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Brain zaps can happen with anxiety. I’ve had them before. Lightheadedness is very common. Usually it’s because people with anxiety tend to breathe very shallow . to help relieve that, practice some breathing exercises for anxiety found on YouTube. Do them a couple times a day some are only 10 minutes long or even less. But they help.

just get a physical check up at least once a year and when everything’s OK then try and relax. You can always follow up with your doctor when needed. Keep yourself busy.

• Posted

Hi ty for your response ive read that missing medication can cause brain zaps but i haven't missed any , can you just randomly get them and whrn should they be

• Posted

Hi there,

My anxiety symptoms are always changing, I went through a period when I had really bad brain zaps, it went on for a few months and they stopped as suddenly as they started.

I have also had periods of more or less lightheadedness.

It's just one big fat drag!!

• Posted

Ty for your replies i just cant get these head symptoms to stop sometimes i feel im gonna lose my mind if i have tp keep living this way , how do you guys keep your sanity and dealing with this

• Posted

Hi,

What you describe happens to all anxious and depressed people. You should tell us something about yourself, height, weight, lifestyle, do you do sports, how you sleep, etc... Have you been to the doctor so far and if so, are you taking any treatment? You have to know that the brain of anxious people is different from that of healthy people, that's why you don't have to give them time to think for themselves. For example, I have symptoms such as: fear of illness, panic attack, my blood pressure increases. The breathing exercises help me to escape for the moment, but if I start thinking about the tampons, I get them again. I thought I could get over this disease on my own, but I can tell you that it doesn't work without medical help. I am under treatment with mirtazapine and for now the symptoms have improved a lot + I can sleep much better. Sleep is very important. I am currently 65 years old. I had the first episode when I was 26, after which there was a break of about 30 years. Around 55-56, it hit me again. And now again. For me, the main fear is that of illness, the fear of stroke or heart attack scares me a lot. I hope I helped you and I hope you feel better. If you have any questions, we are here. Bye☺️

• Posted

yes ive been to a few doctors and nothing has really been found, I also dealt with some anxiety about 30 years ago and now after waking in the middle of the night to a severe vertigo attack and now been sick with many symptoms for 2 years , I'm also 56 years old, and many days I feel like I'm dying or going insane

• Posted

what do brain zaps feel like? i suffer badly with tension headaches. it really gets me when i think ive not been anxious but the headaches then sends me into anxiety. i do get a flash of pain in my head sometimes which will alert me. but its the hours and days of pressure that follows that are the worst.

• Posted

Brain zaps feel like an electric shock the you usually feel with eye movement, i dont get much headache but have alot of different symptoms in my head constantly and the only relief is when im sleeping

• Posted

ah no i havent had them but im sure one day i will. seems to be as soon as my one symptom goes its replaced with something else. i also only get relief when im asleep. although if often dream and the get the same anxiety feeling in my dreams but at least theres no pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.