Brain zaps and shaky limbs help 😞

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello. I been getting these brain zaps with shaky body parts it only happens when I'm laying down and falling asleep. Anyone get these? If so can I cope

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I used to experience this for a couple months, I'm not sure why but I was scared to sleep.. Haha luckily I knew what was causing my anxiety a lot of people never figure out what it's about.

as soon as I laid down I felt calm and fine but in the back of my head I could sense this strange anxiety, I don't know if it's from just the act of sleeping or not feeling safe, or feeling like I needed to sleep to wake up on time or just knowing I have to do this sleep thing every night of my life but it got old..

I loved sleeping but falling asleep I hated, every time I started to drift off my whole body would shake (not the normal twitch) and I would jump up with a shooting pain kind of in my head, not sure if it's the same thing you are experiencing but I outgrew it after a little while and now I lay down watch tv for a minute and fall asleep with no problems at all anymore

• Posted

I have had the same exact thing when i was on birth control, (depoprovera) are you on any medications or BC?
  • Posted

It may be because of anxiety.Take few long deep breath when you go for sleep.
  • Posted

Yes I've experienced. When I went through my anxiety was very high due to lots of trauma. So much on my mind. I was also overweight and just unhappy.

What I did and still do is meditation. I used YouTube videos found what worked for me. And everyday I meditate. It helps calm my brain ease those brain saps. And walking for 30 mins a day. I was unable to leave home so I walked in my home for 30 mins.

Try writing in a journal as well maybe it's something you can figure out that happens that brings it on. I stayed away from news, negative conversation. My brain was overloaded so I kept it simple. All about me SELF CARE IS IMPORTANT

• Posted

I've had brain zaps during times of intense stress. at the time I put it down to anxiety, but I was going through a horrifically stressful period in my life which took a huge emotional toll on me. The brain zaps made it worse, as I then began to worry about them and soon it becomes one big circle.

Are there things happening to you currently? Is anything causing your stress?

I do believe that anxiety alone can cause them as well, especially when your anxiety is bad enough.

I found the best thing was to not fear them. When they happened just try and move on and not think about it, otherwise you end up say in total panic waiting for it to happen again - as your anxiety rises you're more likely to continue experiencing them.

If they're happening when you're falling asleep (and only happened for a few nights then stopped,) you could have been coming down with a virus that perhaps effected your inner ears. There is an area within the labyrinth where crystals form. If a virus causes these to become dislodged, they will move around and give you a 'tumbling' and 'zap' sensation in your head.

• Posted

Yes I get them. Have you found anything that works?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.