Brainfog, fatigue, extreme memory loss, spacey, visual disturbances

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been living like this for at least 5 years since my best friend killed himself. However it's been getting much worse. I can hardly read, even typing this is slightly difficult. I have a werid snowy-static like vision with lots of floaters which on top of my lack of concentration makes it difficult for me to read. I used to be a very sharp person, quick witted, etc. Now I struggle to think of which word to use on an hourly basis. I feel like im constantly in a dream, and when I wake up (after typically a 12 hour sleep) i'm so dizzy I have to get up very very very slowly. I wouldn't say i'm exactly "sad" but i'm thinking i'm depressed. Has anyone else been through this and gotten out of it? Doesn't seem like theres much hope, no anti depressants have ever helped me. I've gotten MRI's, every blood test in the book, i've cut dairy and gluten out of my diet (though i was skeptical) and all to no avail. I'm looking to talk to some people who are also going through this, or have went though it and survived.  

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you jayocaine for starting this discussion, i learned alot from it, and the several responses you have received.    You are helping people in this way and that should make you feel good! 
  • Posted

Severe brain fog can lead to inferior work performance among those whose career relies on a high degree of mental acuity.   Severe chronic brain fog can ultimately lead to discouragement and depression.Diagnosis is best made by talking to your doctor about your symptoms.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.