Brand new member with yet another new symptom

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone ever get this symptom - my left leg & foot feel foreign & odd to me like it's not mine, some tingling & I think heaviness also - there are also varying degrees.

I'd be grateful for any comments, thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, yes I have had this. In my arms as well. Though it never actually is anything discernible- like it never causes problems with movement or dexterity. I have found it is an offshoot of adrenaline after a series of palpitations. It is concerning, but you have to keep telling yourself it's just anxiety. I had tests done on nerves etc and all was fine.
    • Posted

David,

Thank you so much for your reply - your description is very accurate especially pertaining to me & it appeared in my arm shortly after I'd posted this afternoon.  This is my second time with HA (1st in 2007) & I hadn't had this symptom previously.

With kindest regards,

Janie

• Posted

Yes all the time! Are you on any anxiety meds? I sometimes think it is related. Sometimes my whole body feels this way when I lay down and I feel tingly and like I could be floating, it's really scary but I just tell myself to ignore it and don't feed into it 
    • Posted

Kalina,

Thank you so much for your reply, I do appreciate it.

I first was hit with HA in 2007 & ended up taking Sertraline for nearly 4 years. I'm here again unfortunately & in my despair I wonder if I should just have stayed on them.

With warmest regards,

Janie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.