Bravo Pellet Test

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wondered has anyone else has the BRAVO test done. I got it done end of January and feel my GERD symptoms are worse. Can t take PPI s due to side effects having Fundoplication done end of next month. Diagnosed 3 weeks ago as probable Barrett's consultant did nt have all the results back from biopsy. Just gutted to have this thought I had been careful having regular scopes.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Haven't had BRAVO but did have 24 hr pH manometry.

It shouldn't have caused any change in your reflux. Not sure what side effects you were getting from PPIs but there are others that may have helped. However, after fundoplication, you'll probably not need them.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. Got muscle spasms from PPI s. Yes had Bravo and Manometry with Bravo it's a small pellet that is stitched into the oesophagus that monitors PH levels, you wear a monitor and press it every time you get symptoms of reflux. It's supposed to pass through the system naturally after 48 hours !!!! Anyway from the result of that they confirmed possible Barrett's. Fingers crossed for after Fundoplication. 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.