Posted , 3 users are following.
Obs: I write this originally in Portuguese and translated very quickly, I apologize for orthographic and grammar errors.
Could you help me with a pituitary problem? Is a lot of data.
Is my former wife, she is a Brazilian, 40 years, works as a teacher.
About 5'4" and 98 kg. Actually I think is more water (swelling) than fat.
- Sleep problem: She changes day/night periods, got better with Melanin but nowadays she wants to sleep all the day (sleepless and very tired). Yesterday a neurologist said that she had narcolepsy and order some tests. In blood tests all were negative. She don´t want to have the liquor test (pain).
- Eye problems: The vision has worsened, even with glasses.
- Swelling: Mainly legs and feet. She drinks a lot of water. In some days sweats a lot (more common) and other days simply no sweats. Her sense of hot/cold climate don´t match with mine.
- She made the diabetes insipidus test. Was inconclusive...
- Memory problems: Some days she has problems with her short-term memories, acting dizzy.
- Bone problems: She have a bunion problem and this is getting worse, in fact look likes her feet are growing. She thinks the problem is just the bunion, but for me her feet are enormous. She used to wear 7,5 but now she need to buy 8,5 or even 9 shoes!
Besides this she has back pain and went to a doctor who says the cause is an extra bone in the spine, he said that this is not unusual. The problem is she was in a car accident with a neck injury, when she was 18. And then no one saw this extra bone.
- Metabolic syndrome:high fat mass, high triglycerides, metabolic syndrome and glucose intolerance.
- I never figured that, her GH production may have experienced high variations ??? She had a lot of tests, but, i don´t know why, never has been tested for GH.
-Liver: Her liver is not ok, have a serious steatosis and the numbers are Ferritin 147, Gama GT 44, TGO 66 and TGP 102.
- She always have bad numbers in prolactin, the last was 40.5. The doctors said that was a depression medicine issue. She has clinical depression (but stopped the medicine an year ago, now uses Hypericum).
- The T4 levels are always close to the limit, yesterday the T4 free was 0.81. She uses levothyroxine sodium, 75mgc- She had yesterday a PCR test. 14.9 mg/L !!!- DEHIDROEPIANDROSTERONA, SULPHET 34.2 microg/dL
-All cancer marks were negative.
- She had tested for dozens of hormones and elements, if you want to know more I can send later.
Well, all point to Pituitary, right?
She had a RMI in 2013, they found a small cyst on the pituitary. All doctors said it is so small to damage the pituitary. But the symptoms were there. And nowadays all symptoms are worst. She repeated the RMI, the results are below.
The doctors say that is a so small cyst, only 3mm, and can´t damage the glandule. I am a engineer, for me a thing of 3 mm inside of a 10 mm mass is important. 30% is huge! Or not?
I know that all the symptoms can be answered by two or three more common problems (almost all say is because she is fat – I ask, why she is fat; other say about diabetes and I say why is glucose intolerant?).
She has a small cyst in the pituitary; this is not a sufficient cause?
Can you explain what she has?
RM SADDLE / pituitary
RESONANCE SADDLE TURKISH
Examination with FSE sequences in T1 in the coronal and sagittal planes, with 1.7 and 2.5 mm in width, after administration of intravenous paramagnetic contrast (gadolinium).
Study supplemented with cuts in T2, the ESF sequence in the plan coronal.
Held FLAIR sequence in the axial plane for further evaluation of brain.
Seal cavity shape and dimensions preserved.
Compatible with a small cyst in protein content, characterized by isosignal T1 and hypointense on T2 marked measuring about 0.3 cm, interposed between the anterior and posterior lobes of hypophysis.
Posterior lobe of topography and intensity of normal signal.
Pituitary stalk centered and preserved caliber.
Suprasellar cistern free.
Optic chiasm uncompressed signals.
Cavernous sinus and opaque with no apparent injury.
Findings consistent with small cyst pars intermedia, displaying high protein content.
There were characterized changes to the inspection of a 11/07/2013.
Note: Rare hyperintense foci on FLAIR white matter supratentorial, nonspecific. Small arachnoid cyst in the fossa left middle cranial. Dig the persistence of the septum pellucidum and vergae (anatomical variation).
0 likes, 4 replies