Breakfast

Posted , 9 users are following.

What do people on here eat for breakfast. I have been told albran is too harsh I am taking fybergel but I don't know what to eat x

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I think porridge is a good option. Good soluble fibre and helps with cholesterol control, too. 
  • Posted

Porridge, Weetabix, or bran flakes, I have one of those each day, with a drink of Fybogel too.

If I am on holiday or away from home I try to stick to the same, but if I can't then I would have wholemeal toast or bread.

• Posted

Bran flakes are harsh.

I used to have toast but I have nothing now.

You can buy gluten free rice flakes, looks like porridge

when it's made. I make it with rice milk. Very calming to the stomach.

• Posted

There's a difference at least in the US between what you eat when your experiencing a flare up and what you eat to prevent further issues once you are past a flare up. High fiber diets are what's the norm for prevention and maintenance once you have recovered.

• Posted

I can't eat high fibre at any time, it sets my IBS off.

• Posted

Just wondered if you take 2 fibogel a day. I don't think 1 is working for me only Dr has put me on 1 a day. I have just recovered from a bad flare up which lasted 4 Weeks so I am a bit dubious about too much fibre. On the other hand do not want to get constipated again. I bought shreddies today but they might be too much at the moment. 

• Posted

Hi Susan,

I am in what is called the recovery stage at the moment. I finished the 3 day only liquid diet...what a drag! I'm now eating white fish (cod) also chicken. I have cornflakes for breakfast, it is low fiber or toast. For lunch I would have either 2 crumpets or boild egg on toast. Dinner would be either chicken with mash (I also took a change and put a small amount of coliflower cheese) just to take the blandness off. Did the same when I had fish. All seems fine for me at the moment. For a little something nice, I have a lemon light moouse, plus icepops. It may not work for everyone but I'm fine with this diet. Not at the stage to start introducing firba yet, going to leave that for another week or two...Don't want to push my luck!

Hope you feel better soon, I know how you are feeling.

Kathy

• Posted

Thankyou. I am going to try cornflakes also boiled egg I do eat chicken and fish and veg but it is so bland might try coliflower cheese
  • Posted

I forgot to say, chew everything 100 times!!! Well not quite but you get my drift confused
  • Posted

I eat a variety of things. I am assuming your talking maintenance not when you are having issues. I eat a slice of double fiber bread with a poached egg or Raisin Bran with almond milk, cracklin oat bran with almond milk etc 
  • Posted

Hello Susan,  Porridge every time as others have suggested.  This is what I have almost every day.  Sometimes I have a slice of wholemeal toast.  My doctor told me porridge is quite gentle on the system and has someone mentioned it does lower cholesterol.
    • Posted

Hi Susan and others,  I'm also finding breakfast the hardest meal.  I used to think it was the easiest with all the high fibre cereals available (and nice and quick to prepare) - but I'm finding all high fibre cereals set me off with nausea after one or two mornings - even porridge.  Im now having a poached egg and one slice of low calorie brown bread (trying to lose a bit of weight) plus a small bowl of fruit with a small amount of natural yogurt on top. I hope to get back to porridge sometime when I feel I'm completely out of my last bout but this seems to be taking forever.  I can be feeling great for a few days, and then suddenly nausea starts so I go back to the bland foods again. 

Nausea seem to be my main symptom of DD, I don't have that much pain, but I'm really fed up of it at this stage - this has been going on for about nine months now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.