Breakfast For Hyperthyroidism

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, please I need advice on what is safe to eat for breakfast, I was told to avoid dairy products, thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have a boiled egg or any kind of eggs really. Or porridge made with almond milk and seeds nuts etc, no oats x
    • Posted

Hi Kamaway, thank you so much for all your help, do you mind me asking what types of porridge? 
    • Posted

Course not!! I use either almond/hazelnut/coconut milk and mix with chia seeds/pumpkin seeds and any other nuts etc you fancy! Walk it in a jar or bowl and soak over night! You may want sweetener if so use honey or agave? 😃

• Posted

why to avoid dairy products? i drink hemp milk substitute for milk. I eat eggs, oats, veggie white egg omelette
    • Posted

I use the Paleo diet as part of my recovery from Graves 👌. Hemp milk sounds lush!

• Posted

its hemp coconut milk.... i dunno most of the almond and nut milk i saw they put too much start or tapioca to thicken it.  This is the only one i found with less.  How's Paleo diet? do you follow a book or from website for free?

• Posted

Oh nice! Rude Health one is good! The Paleo diet works great for me. I followed a 30 day programme first. I can't post the name as it will be deleted, then just follow paleo guidelines generally 😬

• Posted

I dont understand that either all i was told was not to eat seaweed
    • Posted

It's personal preference Kathrleen. I did a lot of research and this is what I chose to do. When people ask this is what I say has helped me. That's all 👌

• Posted

All my hospital doctor told me was not to eat seaweed which is put in a lot of chinese food.
  • Posted

Mmmmm I'd like to know why no dairy too ... please I've gone euthyroid after having Graves' disease ... and feel pretty well

Now considering how very ill I was .

But I never stopped dairy .. can you tell me the benefits to you ..

Mx🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.