Breaking point. ... 4 weeks on efexor

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i started efexor xr 4 weeks ago for a mixture of high anxiety and depression. i have been increased frim 75xr to 150mg 2 days ago but took 112.5 for 3 days before moving up i feel the constant side effect is anxiety not much better than prior to starting. gp has give me diazepam i take it occasionally when im about to go mad but i really want to see this drug settling all this. i am bit worried about increasing as im fine build and am worried about the noradrenaline component would this make you more alert my initally feeling was fight and flight stuck in i overdrive beforei started . i would love to know any opininons as my patience is running very thin and my life is crap cant even go to work

thank you for reading

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i just moved up from 37.5 to 75xr . does the anxiety get worse when you increase.

• Posted

i dont think so Lynn to be honest if you still dont feel much better in a week i would get it increased again i was told 75 was a low dose and was on it for 3 weeks with not much improvement i am on 150 mg now 4 days and feel i have turned a corner i think its just the original anxiety is still there if you are feeling not much better i think the common dose is 150 mg

• Posted

i dont think 37.5 mg would do amything for you unless you hsve very mild anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.