Breast biopsy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hope it's ok to ask on this forum. I'm scheduled for a ultrasound guided needle biopsy tomorrow on one nodule or more. I read comments online of women who have had this done and some say it was so painful etc. Others have very little pain. Has anyone else had this done and can you reassure me in any way? This is so stressful.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is not painful at all. The worst part for me was waiting for the results. Was not sore, just had a ice pack. I hope everything goes ok and will keep u in my prayers

• Posted

Hi Sandra,

I've had this procedure done...twice. It was not painful, just-as you stated- incredibly stressful. The first time was in 2001 and i had to wait for results...omg talk about anxiety. Thankful to God all was clear. I didn't realize it then but now i see clearly that it was a part of the beginning of my peri....and all the body changes that were coming. It was a cyst...fibradenoma i think they said. Ive had others since. I just have fibrocystic boobs and hormonal fluctuations make everything worse. I had it again in 2015 and that time they could tell me while i was still on the table that it was a simple cyst. I remember crying right then..just a release of the stress built up. The nurse and surgeon were so very good at reassuring me.

I pray my story gives you some relief. please know that i sent a prayer up for you. I know you'll be fine. You've got lots of support here with theses ladies of this forum. Hugs!!!

• Posted

Sandra,

I had this done in 2009 and it was not painful. Like the other ladies stated, the worst part is waiting for the results. Very stressful, but mine came back with negative results. I am praying you will receive good results also. Take care.

• Posted

You are all so kind and encouraging. I had lumps removed years ago too and thank God, they were negative. Then about two years ago i had a fluid filled cyst which i still have but it isn't a concern. Fibracystic breast issues. But this time its a nodule (he mumbled something about 3) and a dilated duct so he prefers to test it to be sure. He is hopeful its the same kind as i had years ago. Fibra something ????? But it is intensely stressful but you have all made me feel more ok. THANKS SO MUCH! And thanks so much for the prayers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.