breast bone pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

morning ladies iv been getting really sharp pains in my breast bone and ribs mainly down each side of my boobs its very tender to touch and feels like there bruised its lasts about a week or so then goes away for a while then comes back again this is about 5th time now since christmas i had breast cancer screen in feb all well just wondered if anyone else gets this random pain going through peri and this is just another thing on my big list of symptoms main one being anxiety thanks and big hugs xx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Morning I get a very similar pain I've got doctors Monday so going to see then. Anxiety is awfull I've had it years anyway but since going through menopause it's worse. What us poor ladies have to go through!! Xx

• Posted

Yes, that sounds like costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartilage surrounding the ribs. It can be very painful and you feel like it is difficult to take in a breath. You can try taking an ibuprofen to see if it helps. It could also be a by product of heartburn/reflux pain. Do you have reflux or do you get heartburn?

• Posted

thanks for your reply i do get a little trapped wind but i do think its what u said as it feel bruised and very tender its settled down a little a the moment just its been coming and going for months now but thank you again big hugs xx

• Posted

hi Claire,

yes, I'm going thru this now. I found it more painful on my left side breast. I know the paining you are feeling, I too went to my doctor in August because I was worried, my test results all clear nothing to worry About, I started taking vitamin B which helps to relieve the pain.

• Posted

thank you and yes iv got all sorts of vitamins that should help with menopause the thing is i should really start taking them then they might help me but just the reply of u ladies help settle my mind big hugs xx

• Posted

no worries, trust me when I say, the pain was awful 😣 I birthed 4 kids and did not feel pain like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.