Breast Cysts that continuously hurt

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear ladies,

I recently had a mammogram & ultrasound (as doc found a lump) and was told I have several benign cysts - phew!!! Probably caused by HRT, too much Estrogeon can possibly cause this. 

Does anyone else suffer with these cysts? My question is....do your breasts feel sore all of the time, like mine do? The discomfort radiates to my armpit as well.  Everything was clear for lymph nodes etc but it's just unsettling feeling this discomfort.

Iam currently coming off the HRT as the stress of the doctor finding a lump on my breast caused me so much worry (i lost half a stone in one week) that I'd rather lay awake all night sweating like a pig, than take that stuff.  I am only peri menopausal, so will remain off hrt until later in life as 46years.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Nic

I'm sorry to hear that you have been scared off HRT.  I had fibrocystic tissue diagnosed well before I ever started on HRT.  I have an annual mammogram, ultrasound and consultation with breast surgeon.  He doesn't like HRT and always comments on it.  From time to time I've had cysts aspirated but each time have been found to be benign.  I've not had any pain or discomfort in the breasts.  They are very firm and full.  I've met many women with breast cancer but few of those have been on HRT.  I feel great on HRT and am a long-term user.  Have been on it for about 18 years.  Of course it is worrying when one finds a lump but for the most part they are benign, particularly for those with fibrocystic tissue.  All the best.  Lyn

• Posted

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for your reply. What you say makes sense.  I’m  currently coming off hrt, hopefully I’ll not suffer too much xx

• Posted

I have breast cysts too. I got them before hrt so unrelated to that.

What works for me is cutting back on coffee and other caffeine drinks and taking Evening Primrose Oil daily. I have found that if I don't take the Evening Primrose every day the cysts start to act up.

I take 3 or 4 1000mg capsules in the morning. It's important to get a reliable brand because some of them are less effective than others, I use Nature's Way brand but I don't know if they are an international company, I'm in Australia.

• Posted

Bridie..thank you for this. The breast consultant told me 1000 mg but I'm still in discomfort. It's the feeling under my arm pit that worries me. The cysts are a cluster on the outside nearest my left arm pit, so maybe that's why. I'm silly I should have asked her at the time.  

I think ink I can get hold of Natures Way...I'm in the U.K. Xxx

• Posted

Hi! Maybe you just need to lower the dose of your estrogen. Breast surgeons usually don’t like the idea of hrt but for me quality of life is a priority. If your quality of life is good without hrt, you can’t avoid taking it. If you cannot survive without it just stay on it. Hope it helps! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.