Breast discharge, not pregnant though.

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 5 months ago my right nipple was itchy, when I was investigating it some ( very small amount) of milky white discharge came out. Of course I panicked. Kept checking it just about every hour. Sometimes I'd get some, sometimes not. I made an appointment with my OBGYN. She investigated, she didn't see anything abnormal. I should mention I'm 44, definitely not pregnant. I had one child 11 years ago and did breast feed for 3 months. She set up a mammogram. First I ever had. That came back clear. And the blood work was normal too. So they sent me on my way. Told me to come back in a year for a re-check. It's still happening though. I try to not check it, but I still do from time to time. Has this ever happened to anyone? It's always a small amount always milky/clear and only comes when squeezed I should say.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry this is happening to you. It has not been a problem for me but I haven't squeezed as you have. Sad that your doctor has no real advise except to come back in a year. Why not get some wonderful smelling lotion and do a gentle massage rather than a squeeze. In a year when you see your doctor again during your exam try the squeeze for her and see what happens. Is it still itchy? There is lotion or cream for that too. Good luck.

• Posted

I had a friend who had a similar experience. You may want to ask your doc to look at your pituitary gland. A prolactinoma is a prolactin-producing tumor of the pituitary gland, and they may cause discharge from breasts. Once she the benign tumor removed, she was great.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.