Breast Enlargement and Weight Gain

Posted , 24 users are following.

Has anyone experienced having their breast get bigger after taking Gabapentin? Also, I can't lose weight to save my life. I workout hard every day and I eat right, however, I can not lose 1 pound no matter what. I'm suppose to take two 3 times per day, but I take 1 or 2 once or twice a day.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My physician said I was, "just fat" despite the +3-4 edema I had in my lower extremities.  I lost 30 lbs. of fluid weight in about a month after discontinuing the gabapentin.  You need to taper off by a physician supervised weaning schedule as it is very dangerous to stop all at once.

• Posted

Yes!!   I am busting out of a 'C' cup, where I was lucky to fit into a 'B' before taking this stuff.    It is actually to the point that people point it out to me when I am out with friends.    I actually at one point took a pregnancy test before I found that it was the Gapapentin that was the culprit.     I fortunately have not dealt with the weight gain thus far but I do have many other brutal side effects from this stuff on top of this one sad      Best of luck!

• Posted

I would definately recommend this boop pop product to all who wants to get bigger boop with no treatment.i am amzed by it.
  • Posted

I'm so pleased to find this discussion i was started on gabapentin just over 2 weeks ago within a day both breasts started to swell and the skin looked puckered. The pain is awful. i spoke to my consultant who hadn't come across thus as a side effect. She has reduced my dose hut it hasn't helped at all.

can I ask how long after stopping gabapentin did the swelling and pain go? Thank you

• Posted

I'm so pleased to find this discussion i was started on gabapentin just over 2 weeks ago within a day both breasts started to swell and the skin looked puckered. The pain is awful. i spoke to my consultant who hadn't come across thus as a side effect. She has reduced my dose hut it hasn't helped at all.

can I ask how long after stopping gabapentin did the swelling and pain go? Thank you

• Posted

hi im eddie i recently was put on gabapentinas well as Seroquel i went from 132lbs to 174 in a matter of 2 months my family has noticed the weight change big time i totally agree with you about the bigger breast ....no joke my wife said i could fill a b cup and my nipples hurt so bad i wanna cry. granted the meds have helps but b size perky nips are not what i expected nott o mention my sex life went down the ubes. im starting to wonder if the ddoc is tryin to make me a woman

• Posted

I've been on Gabapentin 300mg 3x a day for nerve pain for a year. It really helps my pain, but it made me gain a lot of weight! A couple of weeks of taking it my face and neck got very puffy and swollen. After 6 months of being on it I gained about 30 pounds. My arms and legs are swollen especially my legs! My left breast is now twice as big than my right and there are stretch marks on it! I don't know if it's the Gabapentin or my hormones. Sometimes I get worried and think I have cancer. Ever since I got on this medication that breast started growing so I don't think I have cancer, but because of the pandemic going on I don't want to see a doctor. I have PCOS and all this weight gain is making it worse! I tried getting off Gabapentin once by taking 1 less pill the three days later some of that pain came back so I went back on 3 a day. It's frustrating for me because I've already gained some weight from another medication for migraines. I'm now on 10mg of Nortriptyline for my nerve pain. It's making my hair fall out! I'm going to try to increase the milligrams of that and slowly taper off Gabapentin, but I'm afraid that the new medicine might not help as good or that I won't be able to tolerate the new side effects or that terrible pain coming back. I feel so frustrated! I feel like I either have to be overweight and lose my hair or be in severe pain! I'm 25 years old 5'2 and almost 200 pounds!

• Posted

I have been on Pregabalin 100mg twice daily for nerve pain and have had a number of strange side effects as well. My breasts started to swell and there was a strong pain associated in the nipple, now moving outward. I have been on this dose for 10 months at this point. I also have the feeling of numb tissue at my nerve pain site and loss of coordination. Kind of a bummer getting used to this although it has done an amazing job of reducing the nerve pain in both legs.

• Posted

Hi, I was prescribed Gabapentin @5 years ago. Now I am addicted to it. When I stop taking it my legs ache terribly. However, I have experienced things that I did not know were side effects. Most notably I have extreme difficulty having an orgasm. Over the years my breasts have grown and become very sensitive (my nipples feel fantastic at times). I only take my Gabapentin at night now. It affects my memory to a degree. I will not be able to recall something but I 'know' I know it. I have tried to stop taking this drug numerous times. Each time I go about 2 or 3 weeks and then I have to reach for the bottle. I have learned that drinking about 2 glasses of wine with Gabapentin will give a nice high that let's me escape life a short time. Overall, I am very depressed and do not enjoy life like I once did. I am a 67 year old white male. I would tell someone starting this drug to weigh it's benefits very carefully. When I stop taking the Gabapentin I can usually experience an orgasm in 2-3 days, my constipation goes away, and my memory works better. Now, I take it intermittently. When I go to bed at night and my sheets feel like knives stabbing my feet I reach for my Gabapentin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.