Breast Itching

Posted , 4 users are following.

My right breast has been itchy since January. I saw my OB in January and he did an exam. He saw and found nothing he would be concerned about. He told me to try Benadryl cream on it. I did and it went away. I saw a dermatologist who also found nothing. It’s a surface itch and it’s not consistent. Some days it itches a few times an hour, some days nothing. No redness or lumps and changes. Any ideas? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had this on both breasts a few years ago, it was constant itching and went on for months, it disappeared on its own, I get the occasional itching on one breast or the other but I don’t worry about it, I think it’s sometimes down to hormones, they can play havoc at times
  • Posted

About a year ago I started having a slight surface itch. Thought nothing of it. It feels itchy bout 2-3 times in a minute. I'm 49 and just had a mammo. Negative. Ultrasound because of dense tissue. A cluster of complex cyst and a single cyst 6mm BI-RADS 2. No biopsy needed. I can feel the single cyst and that's where I get the slight itch. No other symptoms pointing to any inflammation. Has anyone experienced this. I'm not sure if I should ask for a biopsy or trust the radiologist....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.