Breast lump, 23 and really worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

Found a lump in my right breast below my nipple towards the "bottom" of my breast. Painful to touch and slightly uncomfortable sometimes but not too bad. Went to a doctor 2 days ago, he didn't examine me or anything just asked me about it, he then said at my age it's probably not 'c', it's probably a cyst and sent me on my way. Is this normal? I've always been told if I find a lump go straight to the doctor as they need to check it but that seemed a bit pointless and has not put my mind to rest atall, nor has it given me any answers. Just want to know if that's normal procedure and if there's anywhere else I could go?

I've also just been feeling it and it seems to feel different all across the bottom of my breast, like there is more 'there' than in the other breast. My right (lump) breast has always been a tad bigger than the other though alot more recently. I noticed this before I found the lump so I know I'm not being paranoid. Could this be anything to be concerned about?

Thanks, really appreciate any answers, not told anyone as it's Christmas and don't want people to worry, would be good to get other opinions.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica, first of all it was very unprofessional of your doctor to not even examine your breasts. Breast cancer at your age is pretty rare but your doctor should have examined you, if anything just to reassure you. This is most likely a cyst, especially if it's causing you pain. Breast cancer is rarely painful. Also, as for you having one breast larger than the other, this is normal. Again, rarely is anyone's breast symmetrical. Hope this info helps you! 😊
  • Posted

If you want to be certain rebook with a female. Tell them it feels different to what you're used to. They do say pain is more likely to be cyst(s).

However if uncomfortable, they can be drained with a fine needle. Which you hardly feel if your physician does it right.

It's your body. You know if you still need reassurance.

• Posted

Hi Jessica.

I was 22 when i first discovered I had a breast lump. It was tiny so I left it. Mostly coz I was scared to find out what it was. Plus I dont really like doctors. 2 years went by and it eventually grew to the size of a tennis ball. I had it looked at and removed. It was a cystic tumor called a Fibroadenoma. Nothing serious. Dont leave it, get a second opinion and get it sorted. I have several tiny ones in both my breasts but doc says to leave it but to just monitor it. So far so good.

Best regards,

MJ Maree

• Posted

Hi Jessica

Ive been keeping my lump breast left and right for almost 2 years but tomorrow I'm going to Breast Center for check up.

We have same situation I hate doctors too. Your doctor said probably a cyst. Did you go from operation to remove it? I need your help. Kindly reply.

Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.