Breast lump

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

I may be being silly but went to my gp on Friday as have a fairly large, painful & hard lump in my right breast. 

After examination where gp also noted discharge from my nipple & area was hot he diagnosed a cyst & has given me a course of antibiotics

Now I appreciate I'm only 3rd day in on them but am really run down, have pain in right side of my back & arm. Lump is no smaller or softer & have also now noticed my right nipple is becoming inverted. 

Do you think I should go back to gp tomorrow with new symptoms or just let my course of antibiotics run & see how it goes? 

Many thanks in advance for any advise 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would go with your gut feeling hun and get a 2nd opinion, it cannot do any harm, and will put your mind at rest.

Let us know how you get on please!

Hugs Astrid x

• Posted

Hello Astrid,

Many thanks for your reply. After a trip back to the doctors & a very more sympathetic doctor at that, she has referred me to the beast clinic in a couple of weeks. 

The lump although smaller has sunken slightly but is still there. 

Remaining more positive though, I think with little support available at weekends & being on my own made my original discovery made me feel twice as anxious I think. Thank you so much again though for your support x

• Posted

Thank you so  much for letting us know how you are getting on and to be honest if the dr was that worried I think she would of had you in much sooner.

I appreciate the feeling and know what being alone is like, my BF is away a lot on business so I to am alone for the most part and by heck my imagination runs wild to the point sometimes I have had a panic attack, so you are not alone.

Good Luck I have a feeling all is well xx

• Posted

Just to let you know I got the all clear thankfully from the breast clinic. 

Never be afraid anyone to be a tad pushy with your gp & request further action. I'm glad I did if only to have my mind put at rest. 

The service I received from the breast clinic was second to non. I was also advised that they are bringing down the age of having your first mammogram from 50 to 47 which is obviously good news. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.