Breast lump

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been to doctor today who has referred me for scan as I found a pea sized lump in my left breast .It's hard and moveable . I'm going out my mind with worry and don't think I can cope with the 2 week wait .did says she don't think it's cancer but referring me anyway. Just need a chat cause I can't tell anyone and feel so scared and lonely

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I to have a hard pea size lump that I can only feel that's rounded when I sit up not when I'm lay down I've been waiting 3 weeks for my appointment it's this friday.. Also scared also thinking the worst I've had a lot of breast infection over the past 19 months now this lump...well just made me a little uneasy. My lump is just a little above an towards the left of my nipple and in my left breast well I'm 26 with 3 children an feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders...my lump dosent feel as though it moves sorry I can't help you and tell u what it cud be but don't worry until u have something to worry about coz I've been there an ended up with health anxiety

• Posted

Can u feel lump in both breasts? I keep checking and feeling it .mine does move slightly too.feels like a small marble or pea . I've 3 children also and I keep thinking the worst

• Posted

No I can't feel one in my other breast yeah I check all the time too can't even go toilet without bloody checking I try not to but I can't help it mines been there coming up 3 months waited a cycle to see if it wud go but nope still there I haven't told anyone but that's because the breast clinic has been somewhere I've been every few months for the last year and a half an my family just get to worried so I just chose not to mention it now you may find it helpful if you told a family member ur worried which is natural u no a lump in the breast is not like a lump on the leg. ur brain just jumps to the c word straight away

• Posted

I've had many scans, mammograms and physical examinations too but this time I'm really worried. Is ur lump hard or soft ?

• Posted

Louise,

Try to settle down and stop worrying. It's most likely not cancer. Most breast lumps are benign. The doctor has to have it scanned to rule out something more serious, so don't freak out just because she ordered the test. Doctors play it safe.

You have two good things going for you: One, the lump is movable; and two, the doctor doesn't think it's cancer. (That's great!)

I know it's hard to not worry, but it's most likely a benign lump, so try to relax and not stress over it. Looking forward to hearing good news after your scan!

• Posted

Thank you for replying, I keep feeling it just to double check it moves which it does .feels like it slides about a bit .I'm going through so much already and now I've got these to deal with too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.