Breast Lump and depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just discovered a smooth, movable, pea-sized lump on my right breast. My GP didn't explain much but I'm due to have a USG tomorrow, and the way the health care system in my area works, I estimated I might only get a definite diagnosis in a few weeks or so, I'm paralyzingly afraid of the potential of malignancy and financial ruin. I had been treated with depression for a few months prior, and this finding, along with the hostile way my family reacted to my confession and fear, have sent me in a really dark and isolated place. It's been very hard to properly function, and I don't know if my therapist can handle this problem. Is there any source of counsel or support resources I can access in the meantime of my diagnosis? Nearly all of my support system are virtually gone, I feel really small and alone facing a ticking time bomb bigger than anything I can handle, I don't know what to do, I think I'm having a breakdown, I hope this is the right forum.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Take a deep breathe and think of ways you can connect with others in your immediate area for support. There are groups to support people with all varieties of issues. Don't worry about a malignancy because your GP would have discussed that possibility with you if he/she thought it was a possibility. What is your treatment for depression? If it is some type of pills often times you must try different ones until you find one that works for you. I remember it took months for my husband to find the right meds and combo for him. What is USG? I suggest that you start or stay very active. You will not think of your depression if you are busy doing something. I mean really busy because your mind will have to concentrate on that activity and not on depression. What's up with your family and hostility? That does not seem like a normal response to a family member going through a tough time. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.