breast lump examination

Posted , 3 users are following.

im having major stress at moment dad going into palliative care, my stress levels through the roof...so much so having to have heart trace....then I find a lump after major gardening session at dads to sort my mood....I came home pain in arm breast neck so painful

I had Emg appointment at breast clinic...examination doctors agrees I have lump and I expressed great pain at the time of him examining ...ultra sound next needle into boob soooooo painful they give me anaesthetic to dull pain they hoped to drain if it was a cyst but also take a biopsy ...the lump is deep seated surrounded by scar tissue...they couldn't get deep enough (I'm 38c) the pain was incredible I couldn't stand it so stopped them. I then had a mammogram the doctor said he was 99% certain it was a cyst but I would need to come back for the full procedure again. I explained I would need to have general anaesthetic (GA) which they said would not be possible? my friend questioned this and explained if it had been so painful with local anaesthetic (LA) why could I not have GA???? the only response I got was not possible woman of 80 odd have this procedure so I was no different...so sat at home knowing I need to know what lump is...but cannot have LA....what do I do

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Omg, sounds like me, I'm having pain in my left arm and breast, I went to the doctor several times but he insist it's hormones but no lump that I could feel.

It seems like you have a cyst because one of my coworkers had the same and she said it was painful when they drained it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.