Breast lumps and discharge?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 23 year old female and have noticed my breasts have been extremely painful for a long time but I thought it was normal. However a couple of days ago I noticed that my right breast was leaking a dark yellow/brown discharge (a considerable amount) it has now been leaking everyday since.

I saw my GP today who felt my breasts and found a couple of lumps and seemed quite concerned. She has refered me to be seen for a scan urgently (within 2 weeks) I'm so scared! Does anyone know what it could be? Or has anyone had a similar thing?

Thank you smile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

lau

If your GP is arranging for tests, all I can say is wait and see how the tests go

Yes I can understand your concerns. All I can say is your GP has it in hand.

If you feel support is needed we are here,for anxiety and depression

Good Luck, keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

I had one when I was 23 also!! Sent me for an immediate ultrasound and mammogram after he said the right side was filled with nodules. It turned out to be nothing.. I hope it all goes well for you.. The good news is if they do find something God forbid, you caught it and they can fix it. Let is know how you do!!
  • Posted

I had a very painful lump when I was in my late 20s or early 30s. I also had a painless one. Had both removed and they were a young woman's disease. I'm now 45 and had a mammogram and ultrasound on another painless lump. It showed a harmless fluid filled cyst. Thank God. Anyway, the doc told me cancer lumps dont hurt. I have fibrocystic breasts. They can be sore and have thickened tissue. . Some years ago I had a weird breast infection. It always freaks me but so far I've been ok. Please do keep us posted. Try not to worry. I know it's so hard.

• Posted

When I was a student nurse i spent two days in the breast cancer clinic and the sister explained that usually there is no pain with breast cancer we can pray that your lumps are nodules which are maybe infected Im not in any way trained but i had cancerous cells in my cervix apparently they went from sin 1 to 4 in a week I hadn't a clue it was only because i had a smear they were blasted out and i never had a problem after that. doctors will be on the ball and its good you were sent straight away. sorry if you think I'm rambling I'm just trying to be positive for you if you dont mind will you keep us posted we are all here for you 

• Posted

Hi Lau,

It could be breast cancer. That must have gone through your head.

One positive thing is the pain. Breast cancer doesn't hurt.

Have you ever had a baby? Or breastfed?

There are so many variables here but we're all hoping this will turn out to be benign. A scan will tell instantly.

PLEASE stay with us - we're here for you.

Love and prayers and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.