Breast nodules

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone. I'm back again because I had a breast sonogram this morning at 10 am. I was 😳 but got

through it. My question to you ladies is are breast

nodules normal when your in peri menopause? I'm

49 years old my periods are changing but lately my

breast have been giving me the most problem. The

doctor said she was not overly concerned but that

she needed to see me in six months. She said it

wasn't something she needed to biopsy right now

so no worries 😉! It was only 4cm and she wanted

me to keep a eye on it but she not worried 😩

So could this be hormonal because of peri! Please

I'll take all the information I can get! Thank you 😊

ladies you guys are the best girl friends ever!???

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

If it was me I would want to have a biopsy done on it anyway she can't really say she's not worried till it's been checked properly

• Posted

If you've breast fed ,your more prone to it ,I was left 6 months with this ,until removed . Don't over worry as I once did . This was 1978 ,wish my Dr had explained things to me what he thought was going on ,said i will always be prone to them . I was getting checked every month for 4 months ,then every week for 2 months . Dr always used a wooden ruler to check lump out I might add . 

• Posted

Hi Maureen I also ended up with breast cysts during Peri and at times they were quite painful one of mine,was,6cm in diameter ..I had a mammogram and ultrasound done and also an in office needle biopsy done and it was,all clear for anything sinister. I was,told at that time that it can be due to menopause but if I were you I would want a needle biopsy done just so you can be at peace about it and get your regular mammograms done to keep an eye on them . Since now being postmeno my cysts have shrunk way down in size and no longer give me issues.Wishing you good results
  • Posted

It would be prudent to lay off the coffee or anything with caffeine, and also anything with sugar in it.
  • Posted

My dr wasn't concerned either but because he could see I was, I was sent for a 3D mammogram - I had breast cancer several years ago and my dr said it was best to have these lumps removed - I had that done this past March and the lumps were benign but I am glad they are out - now they can't turn to anything else 

• Posted

Nodules or cysts? I'm not sure what nodules are. The same as a cyst? I had several cysts when I was in peri. They can tell by the ultrasound if that's all it is or if there's the possibility of something else. They have clear round edges and are completely clear inside. One of mine was huge! Even they were surprised. It went away. And if you get them, you might get more. But they can tell if it's only a cyst. There's no need to biopsy it if that's all it is.

• Posted

Hi 👋 Becky!

Thank you much for your reply! I must say I was a little nervous 😩 but I'm feeling better! I think 💭 they are the same as cysts she did say they had very smooth edges and it was only 4cm in size. She

want to see me again in 6mths. I do have a question

we're yours some painful? I would push on it to feel

it and there was little pain. Thank you 😊 for your kind words I do feel less stress. She said no need

for biopsy at this time.

• Posted

Hi Maureen. I had a breast cyst 18 months ago that was a little painful to touch. It grew and was visible and more tender so I had it drained. This is via a fine needle and syringe. Nothing more than a little discomfort. The fluid was sent to the lab for testing and came back as normal.  I was told it can fill again but I haven't noticed anything as yet.

If yours is causing you discomfort maybe you could ask for this. I was told to stop feeling for it but this goes against being told to be breast aware!

• Posted

I don't know to be honest. I had a lipoma of 2 cm ( fatty lump). The Dr decided to be extra cautious and did a biopsy. Results were negative, and then six months later they did an US and there were no changes. If you are even slightly anxious, get a second opinion. my dr even told me to get one if I wanted to.

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.