Breast pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. I'm having some severe breast pain that starts about 10 days after my period. Had my annual check and it was good but this pain is intense especially in my right breasts. I have fibrocystic breasts. About a week my period before the pain will intensify and my breasts are really engorged. Anyone else experience this in perimenopause?

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi simone i do get the breast pain before period very bad pain and it goes away during period but it starts again around evaluation i ask my doctor said it is your hormone so i guess it is normal

• Posted

Hi Simone, i have suffered with breast pain sometimes in one breast but often in both before my period and sometimes all of the month especially through my late 30s and 40s.. I have been backwards and forwards to the doctor over the years but all i get back is that its hormonal due to peri menapause.. I was grateful it wasn't something sinister and the doctors tried to reasure me saying they had never known breast cancer starting with breast pain.. Sometimes it was so bad i needed to wear a soft bra to sleep in as it was so painful.. I used ibroprofen and paracetemal regulary during bad times.. I am now almost 50 and this pain seems to have subsided and been replaced with hot flushes over the past year or so.. im not sure whats worse but but i remember that pain so clearly.. Hopefully it means theres light and the end of the tunnel for us and i wish you all the best with this - Jo

• Posted

Yes, the feeling is ackey. it feels as though some one has players or scissors just poking me.

• Posted

Yes I get this too. I have very cystic tissues in my breasts too. Years ago I had a cyst removed from my left breast and since I've been in peri I get pains in my breast when ovulating or right before a period. I think I get it mostly in my left breast because of the surgery I had years ago. I think that they have become more cystic since peri hit because the last mamo I had done they had a hard time seeing my breasts clearly. I had to keep taking images over a couple of times which was very disconcerting. I had to get an ultrasound and a sonogram just to get the all clear.

• Posted

My last cycle i had so much discomfort in my right breast. It was disturbing because i have some lumps on that side that i need to have rechecked every three months for six months. I have fibrocystic breasts also. I felt like i maybe had some sort of hormonal surge that it was so extreme.

• Posted

Thanks ladies. Will try the paracetamol when it's excruciating.

• Posted

I have cystic breast also. My pain is normally in my left breast starts about 10 days before my period and is painful. It's very sore and achy from under my arm into my breast. I usually take motrin and that seems to help but its hell.

• Edited

Hi all, I am glad to be able to say that breast pain is the only peri symptom I was actually able to resolve fully with the use of a simple supplement: evening primrose oil, which is very safe and in fact good for you in general. Try taking 1300mg a day (Super Primrose, available online). You may find it works wonders-- I did, and a friend did also!

• Edited

Yes I try this as well and it does work. I pop open a capsule and rub the oil in and literally within minutes the pain and tenderness dissipates.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.