Breast Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Why would my breasts be sore even after having had a total hysterectomy 5 years ago and well past menopause?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

A total hysterectomy removes the uterus and cervix but leaves the ovaries. You might still be ovulating if not regularly, then occasionally. Have you spoken to your GP?

• Posted

WOW! I had no idea! I thought they took everything. Thank you for the info!

• Posted

I've just clicked on the link in my post, which is the same as the one I have just posted! An 'oops' moment!!

• Posted

So, I just talked to my doctor and I had everything taken out. So a total hysterectomy is just that in my case. So she wants me to go in for a mammogram ASAP! If that comes back OK, then I need to go in to see her. Not good either way. I will keep ya posted.

• Posted

So the mammo was normal. So that's good. My doctor said it could be a number of things, like too much coffee, etc....blah blah blah is all I hear from these doctors anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.