Breast Pain.....all month

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies I have been experiencing breast pain for a couple of days right before my period would start. For the past few months my breast would hurt all month long and then end the moment I started my period. This month the pain did not stop when my period came. Has anyone experienced this progression and if so did you stop having your period soon after this? I know that we are all different but maybe there are some signs leading up to the ending of peri and periods lol! I know ....wishful thinking right?! Hope that you all are doing well smile

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have breast pain all month long. It use to be cyclical but not anymore. It makes me wonder too. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. That was something on my list to let her know. I'm only 31 so I don't see any end to this in the near future...but then again who knows.

• Posted

Hi Valarie, thank you for the response. You are young but you never know you might in the final stages of this. How old was your mom when she went through it? That has alot to do with it too....so I have been told. My Mom was done at 50. I will be 49 in January so hopefully my peri days are finishing up. Fingers crossed! I hope that your appointment goes well tomorrow. Im praying for you smile Take care!

• Posted

Thank you Becky! Yes, my mother started when she was in her 30's and ended in her 40's. Once we hit 12 consecutive months of no periods, I believe that's when we've entered menopause which I hear isn't as fun either. Ugh...why do women have to suffer this and men breeze through every phase of life 😣

• Edited

Becky, it is often said that breast pain is a sign of imbalance.  Specifically a lack of progesterone, in relationship to your estrogen level.   This would be reasonable since the closer we get to menopause the less we actually ovulate, and thus, don't produce enough progesterone in the second half of the month.  Hope this helps.

• Edited

Hi Becky

yes hun I get a lot of pain around the time my period is due!  Lately even if my period don't come I still get this heavy achiness all on my breats!  Lite exercises seemed to help mine though… good luck with yours hunny!

hugs

• Posted

Yes I also experience this on monthly basis, there are times the shocking pain wakes me up at night, it feels like electric shock.
  • Edited

It is unfortunately very common with peri. I usually rub evening primerose oil on my breast or vitamin E oil. They usually squelch the pain immediately for me. Try it, let me know how it works!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.